1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GRA COIL Experiences and opinions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by flybyknight, Mar 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

I have two, and my wife has one. All three are the adjustable LOP type. We love them, and have had no problems with them at all.

BobK

2. John A. Davis

John A. Davis TS Member

I currently have 3 but have had them installed on 12 guns over the past 4 years. Never a problem and the without a doubt the best customer service out there. Gary and Tracy are both good friends and know how to take care of customers. By the way they do the finest aftermarket adjustable comb I have ever seen. john

3. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

I am not a fan of gracoil and I have reasons.
    #1 - The GraCoil adds 1" to the length of the stock, and requires the stock to be shortened in most cases.
    #2 - GraCoil aluminum butt plates also have aluminum threads for the recoil pad. Very easy to strip these threaded holes. The kind of money they charge you should get steel threaded inserts - not just a hole threaded into aluminum.
    #3 - Speaking of money, the installed price for a GraCoil is going to be over $300 bucks, plus the cost of shipping and insurance both ways. A brand new PFS is about $1300, and you only need to to pay for one way shipping and ins. The PFS does everything the gra coil does plus plus plus everything is adjustable!!! when you go to get a different gun, put your unaltered factory butt back on the gun and use your PFS on the new one. So 1300 for something that does everything against nearly $400 (after shipping)that only does one thing and it ruins your stock besides.

4. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I have had Gracoil's and they work fine, but I prefer the RAD for a number of reasons. The main reason is they reduce recoil more efficiently. FD

5. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I have two guns with this system. Citori Plus is mine, BT99 is my wifes.
    I had them installed on mine for additional LOP so the stock did not have to be cut, Lost about 3/4" off the wifes stock but the fit ended up much better.
    They both have worked great for us.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I have a Gra coil and it does what it was designed to do and thats reduce recoil ... I also have a PFS and that thing eliminates recoil to the greatest extent but does cost a little more ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.