1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GPS

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Okie 1, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okie 1

Okie 1 TS Member

What GPS do I need for my car between $150 & $350

DE in OK

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I got the cheapest tomtom on sale at best buy with a 20.00 discount on purchase of 150 or more final cost 169.00 very good for the money, not to fancy and updates are easy thruogh computer.

3. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I'll second esetter, my Garmin 340 works great, even took me to a house on a two-track road in the middle of nowhere. Easy to use, to view, and listen to.
    Can't beat the price either.

4. dward

dward Member

I've never had a car GPS but have used a lot of hand helds. I wouldn't buy another GPS that didn't have a high sensitivity receiver. Maybe some of the guys with experience with the auto units can chime in on their value. I'm guessing that if you're in an area with a lot of buildings they would help much like they do when your under tree cover. And I'm certain the best "sales" will be on the older units without the HS receivers.

My 2 cents - Big Dan

5. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

I have a 340 and a 2610. I really like the 2610 better then the 340. by the way. Garmin is a super company to deal with. their customer service is terrific and they bend over backwards to help everyone. motordoc

6. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

I bought a Tom Tom and hated it. Bought a Garmin and have been very happy. The Tom Tom does not give the upcoming street names, is difficult to program and use. The Garmin is a snap. Jake

7. Okie 1

Okie 1 TS Member

motordoctor'

I sent you a PM

DE in OK

8. NU2Shooting1027

NU2Shooting1027 TS Member

I use to work in a marine supply store. We also sold a few auto GPS. Garmin pretty much has every other company blown away by their functionality, ease of use, price and customer service. Both my fishfinder and GPS on my boat are garmin. I would highly recommend them no matter what unit you choose, you can't go wrong.

Allan

9. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Check the prices at Amazon.com, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Robert

10. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I bought Garmin NUVI 250W (widescreen) with full warranty from a Garmin dealer on eBay for $190 - whole US, Puerto Rico & Canada.

Heckuva unit!

Jay

11. dverna

dverna Active Member

I got the Tom Tom fior Xmas and just got another for my gf.

Don

12. AlanM

AlanM Member

I bought a nuvi 350 and find it to be an absolute super unit. My daughter and son-in-law just got a nuvi 750 and think it is a great unit, prices are down now is the time to buy, very easy to use.
    Alan

13. ke4yyd

ke4yyd Member

I have owned a half dozen Garmin products and they are excellent. I recently purchased a Lowrance 600C because it has a much larger screen. It has much better built in maps than my Garmins and cost a lot less. The 600C gives you a choice of auto mapping mode, off road mode and marine mode. It has built in road mapping, mapping for fresh water fishing and marine mapping, even some satellite photos or some areas. After getting used to the differnces between Garmin and Lowrance I prefer the Lowrance due the much better map displays. I bought mine on sale for about $250.

http://www.shipdog.com/product.asp?i=LOWIWAY600C&ref=pricegrabber&sku=12501

14. Okie 1

Okie 1 TS Member

Thanks to all

DE in OK

15. Richshoots

Richshoots TS Member

I have a Garmin 340 and I don't leave home without it. I work part time delivering flowers on holidays and the Garmin is a terrific unit to help finding addresses.
    I used to drive with the road map in one hand and the stering wheel in the other before I bought my Garmin.
    Rich Larsen

16. Wayne In ny

Wayne In ny TS Member

Mash on the above, good info.

17. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

I have the Nuvi660 and it works just fine. Belive me if I can use it with no problems anyone can.