1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GPS chips for guns?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Wondering, does anyone make a small gps chip that could be placed in your gun case or recessed into your stock. Kinda like a LoJack for guns. This is the only way I would travel with my gun on an airline.

Lou

2. BMC

BMC Member

You could put one of these in your case somewhere discrete and track it real time.
    http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/slimtrak-realtime-gps-tracking-car-locator.html

...or spend a little more and get this one that might fit inside the stock cavity and concealed when the butt pad is reinstalled.
    http://www.spygadgets.com/gps-tracking.htm

3. m70win

m70win Member

I thought it would be a good idea in one of those camo turkey guns. Set your gun down when nature calls and not be able to find it.

Tim

4. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

I have to add some technical stuff to this conversation. #1. It cost more than insurance. #2. It needs a power source. We have sold thousands of GPS units and generally power from a vehicle's 12 v system or internal batteries as small as a large pack of gum. #3. The GPS receiver must track a 450 watt radio signal from at least four satellites orbiting at about 12000 miles. Difficult to do if the receiver's antenna is in a gun case. #4. Must have imbedded cell phone to transmit the location. I make my living selling and training people how to use GPS. You' de be better off with some good insurance. But, if you need GPS for tracking, surveying or construction let me know.

5. philk

philk Member

Maybe it`s just me, but it sounds like something the government would dream up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
chips put into guns from shooting
gps chips in guns
gps for guns
gun lojack where my gun
is there any way to lowjack a gun

lojack for guns

lojack for pistols

low jack for guns