1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GPS Auto Navigation

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Joe Woods, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Anyone try these new GPS auto Navigation systems. Any recommendations. I am looking at the Garmin Nuvi 350-RF.

Thankyou

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

You can't go wrong with a Garmin.

They have all the border crossing listed and work well in both Canada and the US.

The only issue I have with my model and my brothers newer model is that the maps, and information such as motels and restaurants have not been updated in the last two years.

A city such as Jacksonville, Florida that has been aggressive in road construction the past few years will find the newer roads not listed.

3. pdq

pdq Member

Bought my first Garmin about 6 years ago, have upgraded twice since to newer / better Garmin models.

Like a cell phone, once you use it, you'll wonder how you managed before.
    Pete

4. Sargon

Sargon TS Member

I just bought a Nuvi 660. It light years better than the Garman V it replace.

The Blue Tooth is nice but I would no use it all the time. The FM transmitter does not work in a car with a rear window antenna. The MP3 player is useless to me as the internal speaker is limited. The screen is amazing. I do like the text to voice feature.

All in all it is a great unit but the 350 for the money is a better buy.

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Do any of the Garmins listed above use chips like you would find in some of the other makes and models? Could I use a lake chip (showing depths and for navigation) in a unit like these.

Just wondering because my sister got one for a company Christmas present, and I think I could get it from her for $100.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.