1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

govt waste

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by TEXASZEPHYR, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

The navy is planning to buy bio-diesel at 16.00 per gal via executive order. When will the waste stop?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/05/navy-agriculture-departments-to-purchase-biofuels-for-fleets/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29

the link has the info

Bob

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Shucks!

I thought opening this thread there would have been a group picture of the

House and Senate with the White House in the background!

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The title of this thread is a pleonasm.

A pleonasm is the opposite of an oxymoron.

HM

4. pdq

pdq Member

How about the USPS suddenly announcing a few days ago that it can save money by operating 200 mail distribution centers (aka factories with mail sorting machines) 20 hours a day as opposed to the current 463 that operate only 6 hours a day.

Genius!!!!!

But now here's the downside -- the US public won't get next day delivery of first class mail.

What???? Has anyone ever gotten next day delivery of first class mail? Hell, if you want faster delivery you have to pay extra for their Priority Mail service, and even that isn't guaranteed next day depending on where it is going. If I need next day, I call FedEx (a publicly traded company) and they deliver.

What knuckleheads.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.