1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gov't. Service Employees

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by WS-1, Apr 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Gov

A guy goes to the Post Office to apply for a job.

"Are you allergic to anything?" the interviewer asks.

"Yes, caffeine," replies the applicant. "I can't drink coffee."

"Have you served in the military?"

"Yes, I was in Iraq for two years."

"That will give you extra points toward employment. Are you disabled in any way?"

"Yes. A bomb exploded near me and I lost both of my testicles."

The interviewer grimaced. "Okay. You've got enough points for me to hire you right now. Normal day shift hours are 8:00AM to 4:00PM, however I want for your regular reporting-for-duty time to be 10:00AM.

"If regular work hours are from 8:00AM to 4:00PM," asks the applicant, "why do you want me to come in at 10:00?"

"Well," says the interviewer, "this is a Government job. For the first two hours, we just stand around drinking coffee and scratching our balls. No point in you coming in for that."

2. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

You, or anyone else-for that matter, are MORE than welcomed to cinch up your panties (on any day you choose), and come with me on my mail route.

I am certain I can take you on a walk that will not only open your blind eyes, but perhaps cause your brain (loose term) to think in a more proper perspective.

Come to think of it, why don't we make it the next day that the weather service is calling for 35 degrees and an ALL DAY rain ?

3. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

it's a lame ass joke at best...the OP should post his real name and address and forward this joke on to the Wounded Warrior program. The Wounded Warrior program helps place disabled vets returning from Iraq and Afghnaistan into gov't jobs. So now you are saying they are not worth shit because they hold a gov't job? What a p.o.s. you are...

4. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Remove that joke- that is only funny to people that havent served or done anything for their nation

Making fun of wounded veterans is a sign of a small mind that will never get larger.

Obviously insecure about certain parts of your own body.

Gene

5. porky

porky TS Member

I don't see were it reflects anything bad towards the soldier. I do see where a government worker could take offense to this because in a few cases it is very true. Besides, this politically correct thing is a big PITA. The only groups that can joke about others are the ones marked as minorities.

6. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

there is a difference between politically correct and being disrespectful....the original posting is disrespectful....if you can't tell the difference, then why don't you tell this joke face to face to someone from the Wounded Warrior program who received a gov't job from the assistance of this program??

7. shelly

shelly TS Member

Get a grip 99 along with a sense of humor. Awaiting more of your idiotic liberal blather.

8. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

It was a joke. I don't see how it was disrespectful to Wounded Warriors (of which I am a sponsor). Again, it's a joke. You must work in a post office?

Heck, I may tell it to the carriers that I have coffee with in the morning.

9. porky

porky TS Member

Don't worry about 99, he's politically correct.

10. g7777777

Its obviously disrespectful- has nothing to do with politically correct

It does have to deal with cowards that havent served and cant see it.

99 is right on

Giving a few dollars to some wounded warrior cause doesnt make you a hero- trust me

Regards from Iowa

Gene

11. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Big words for a little man Gene. Anyone can say that crap on a forum, but try it face to face.

I hope you get the chance.

12. g7777777

Setterman- let me give you a better idea- rather than sitting behind a computer screen on your butt- threatning people and telling jokes about wounded Veterans, which it seems pretty clear you arent one and couldnt carry their lunch.

Here is what you do hero--

Rather than having breakfast with your supposed friends from the post office- why dont you wander into your nearest military dining facility and tell that joke and prove what a big hero you are

You can mention you gave 5 bucks to charity as they wheel you out.

Of course you will never do that.

Regards from Iowa

Gene

13. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Every body is getting pretty thin skinned these days. The 1st guy posted a joke. You can fill in the blank with any occupation. People talk crap about utility workers too, but when you are snuggled up in your warm dry house, they are out in the ice, rain, dark and wind trying to stay alive fixing wires that carry 10's of thousands of volts. I drove a delivery truck for a while. There are things about that job that are tough. This site is always bad mouthing union workers. The hardest working, most skilled, and best craftsman I know are Union. I have physically repaired new wiring on a commercial job that was installed by people who advertize how proud they are to be non union. I actually even know some government workers who really try to do a good job! Calm down, man up and get some thicker skin. We are not a bunch of little girls here. It was just a joke...

14. Jim Bradbury

Jim Bradbury Member

Leo, I agree, It was a joke.Some people are too sensitive, It was a joke. Lighten up and have a little bit of a sense of humor. I see people on hear bad mouthing Unions all the time. I have been in a union for 32 years, I do not get on hear and whine when others are saying how bad unions are. Everyone has their own opinion. People just need to relax a little see it as a joke and move on.
    Jim Bradbury

15. JohnBT

JohnBT TS Member

That's funny. I've never worked for the post office, but I've worked for the government for 37 years. Some days it's hard to get people moving in the morning.

And my father thought it was funny, too. He has two Honorable Discharges from the Army Air Force and served overseas in WWII from New Guinea to the P. Islands. He was in The Jungle (13th) Air Force.

16. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

I agree; everybody needs to lighten up!

My dad worked for the Postal Service for 37 years. When people would tell jokes about the P.O. he never once listened to the voices that kept telling him to go home and bring a gun back to work!

(That was told with his permission, by the way...)

17. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

My daughter is a mail carrier and she is a go getter. If I was a PC puke I suppose I could indulge myself in a little phoney indignation, but for crying out loud it's a joke.

Good Lord. Sure has been a long winter.

HM

18. One Eyed Left Handed

One Eyed Left Handed TS Member

If this were a political forum, I could understand the indignation (to be politically correct I even admit your right to your indignity).
    Me, I served six years, 7 months and 21 days in the military and retired from State Government work with 30 1/2 years and I got a chuckle out of it!

I try not to get to agitated at anything presented as humor. Life's too short!

Eddie Quire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.