1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Government survey

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by reddbudd, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reddbudd

reddbudd Well-Known Member

I live in western Pa. In the mail yesterday I received a letter informing me
    that my address was chosen by random to take part in a health survey.
    I will be getting a visit from a government worker. To show their great appreciation anyone completing the survey will get thirty dollars cash.

I anticipate the question about whether there are guns in the house.
    Without a second thought I tossed it in the garbage and it went this morning.
    I should have kept it until I posted this because I can't remember if it was state or federal.

When I get my visit I'll tell them I'm not interested. I figure I'll get the song and dance that can't understand why anyone wouldn't want to get thirty dollars just for answering a few questions. I'll tell them my health is between me and my doctor then shut the in their face.

Bud Edwards

2. drgondog

drgondog Member

Good strategy.

"I'm from the government, and here to help you' is not believable so much today..

3. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

When my 87 year old Mom went for her checkup this year, the Doctor had to ask her a long list of questions. It's the same Dr. she has had for years, he said it was a Medcare requirement. Questions like - do you have stairs in your house? Do you have carpet or hardwood floors? Do you have handrails? Do you have throw rugs? etc......

4. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

People are so dang guallable when it comes to thinking they are going to get hing free.
    Jefferson quote. ( A government that promises you ever thing you want can also take everything you got) Bill

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Bud, I would have done the same thing

But I might give them and interview, but I would lie like a dog

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

MN officer 548 will be along soon to tell us its just the Government keeping us safe. More like the Government compiling a list of who has what.

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Yes, I believe that's the one Catpower.

8. reddbudd

reddbudd Well-Known Member

Well I got my visit today. The doorbell rang and there was a woman that I would was in her mid sixties. She held up an id hanging around her neck and said her name. I said I thought I knew who she was and I wasn't interested. She started
    to explain and I said you're the health survey right.

She said yes and started in again. I said my health was between me and my doctor and that the government shouldn't have any part of it. She said that's
    not it it's the Public Health Service and started forward like she was going to walk right in. I stopped her in mid stride with a growl in my voice I said what didn't you understand I said I wasn't interested and shut the door.

Through the window a could see the look of shock on her face. Then she walked across the street and sat in her car for almost ten minutes writing in her folder. I guess now I better watch my step I might be on somebody's list.

Bud

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.