1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gotta ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

At the grand today #3 shooter shoots,#4 shooter gets ready to shoot but #5 shooter shoots,#4 shooter turns to #5 shooter to ask why he shot out of turn and #1 shooter shoots.? is what do you do?how do you score this.

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Number 4 shoots, followed by 5 and 1.

Shooter 1 and 5 results don't count, shot out of turn. Do-over

3. jhoward

jhoward Member

Call for the squad to stop shooting, explain to everyone what happened, especially the scorer. And then, as Hippie said, 4 shoots, and 5 and 1 have to shoot their targets over. Had the same thing happen to me during our state shoot, only I managed to stop the squad before 1 shot. I shot, then 5 re-shot his target and continued as normal. He apologized profusely after were done, but no one missed a target on that round, so it wasn't a big deal.

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The scorer either scores their shot, stops the shooting nand let's you shoot, or scorer voids their score you shoot and then get back into correct shooting order, I have ha this happen, but it needs to be brought to scorers atttention.

If it were me I would yell wait it is my shot, they shot out of turn and they are NO TARGETS- VOIDED. Any problem call referee for correction and do not fire another shell, until properly corrected.

Page 31 Rule: E4 No Target

When a contestant shoots out of turn , All contestants must shoot in regular order or sequence according to his or her position in the squad. A contestant who does not shoot in regular order IS OUT OF TURN and the results are not scored.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. trapshootin hippie

Gary, you say "The scorer either scores their shot, stops the shooting nand lets you shoot, or--". You sure about that?

GneJ

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Where it gets interesting is when a squad finishes a post but shooter #1 fires a sixth round...

7. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Hippie nails it. With blinders and ear plugs it happens.

Wayne

8. trapshootin hippie

BigM, maybe the shooter on post 1 is straight and wants to break 101.

GneJ

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

You all forgot that at the rounds end you all shoot #5's hat for being too darn much in a hurry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.