1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GOTTA LOOK $$$ VICTOR/VICTORIA MYRTLEWOOD $$$

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Laying out a few small pieces of very rare Tiger Striped Myrtlewood last Friday and a very strange thing happened. We found a previously cut piece that had two distinct and very divergent personalities. I'll let the pictures do the talking. I know at least twenty competitive clay target shooters who will absolutely have to own this blank. It is for sale and we'll discuss pricing as we go through the pictures. Blank measures 28% moisture, meaning it will take another season or maybe two until it's ready to work. Measurements are twenty inches long by eight inches tall at the butt by four inches tall at the receiver by a full 2 3/4 inches thick. There is a matching forend blank with a little personality confusion of its own.

We may never see this again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy!!

[​IMG]

One of the most uniform and true TIGER STRIPE with great complete coverage. Very masculine, very bold, commanding attention and respect. Clearly Victor. Price for this side is $700.00. And then POW!!

[​IMG]

Same blank, other side. Sweet, demure, enticing curves, incredible shimmer, alluring - come hither - personality radiating warmth and invitation. Clearly Victoria. Price for this side is $200.00. How can this be????????????

[​IMG]

This is the bottom (2 3/4 inch) view of the blank. One would swear the Tiger Stripe would be complete on both sides, but it's not. A look at the butt reveals:

[​IMG]

The almost complete coverage on the Victor side and almost complete void of coverage on the Victoria side. As you can see, we have almost a perfect quarter-sawn cut, yet two distinctly different personalities in one fantastic Myrtlewood blank. If we add the $700.00 on the Victor side and the $200.00 on the Victoria side and divide by 2, that means that the first $450.00 bill that makes a commitment owns this blank. For those of you who have been asking for a true one-of-a-kind, this is it. Just a reminder, this one will take a year or two to resolve its identity issues (moisture) before you start hacking it up into a gunstock.

Mike Mann
    White Creek Gunstock Blanks LLC
    Your Myrtlewood Source

2. TigerMyrtle

TigerMyrtle Member

0   0   0

Mike:
    Here is what one side of your blank will look like. Now on the other hand I'm not sure what you'll get with the opposite side. Interesting blank none the less.
    Eric

3. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Eric,

Can't see your picture. All I get is the little box with the X. I have a pretty good idea what you're going to show me. I have 2 wet sets and 2 dry sets in inventory and they won't last long. I think I've gotten every one in Oregon that the instrument guys haven't overbid me on. Glad I ain't in a guitar buying mood.

Mike Mann

4. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

5. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

0   0   0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.