1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gotta be quick on the trigger - to buy on TS.com

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by GrandpasArms, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

Phew! I gotta check the FS section more often. Two items - up high on the list - caught my eye. I acted immediately to make a buy and saw that both were SOLD PENDING FUNDS - the Model 12 and the 1100 skeet barrel. Better luck next time.

Larry

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Larry--There is better deals on the "For Sale" section here then you will find anywhere. I have found if you want it, you better post an IMMEDIATE "I'll Take It" or it may not be there when you come back. It's funny to watch some things for sale that you know are good deals. Some people will ask a question on one post and the very next post is someone else saying "I'll Take It". You snooze you loose is in effect here to the fullest extent of the saying. Nothing wrong with telling the seller that if the buyer backs out you'll take it. I have seen a bunch of deals not work on the first buyer. I personally had that happen with some stuff i sold here. For whatever reason the buyer backed out and i already had someone else in line.--Matt

3. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

Good advice, Matt.

I just posted a note to both items - to buy if the deal falls through.

Thanks,

Larry

4. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

There're some "professional" buyers here. I bet their browsers stay on TS 18 hours a day. :)

5. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Post a WTB and what you want and what price range, you might be surprised at the offers you get.

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Hey Gramps... I think I have a 1100 skeet bbl

7. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Yea and he bought it 12 seconds after it was listed! Jeff

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

One of those "quick on the trigger" guys likes to tell the seller how overpriced and obsolete what he's selling is. A couple weeks later it turns up on "For Sale and Wanted" as rare, hard to find, collectors item, vintage whatever -and at a lot higher price.

9. hoot619

hoot619 Member

I was the lucky buyer of the win 12. I sure as hell ain't
    no professional buyer although at times my wife seems to
    think that my pocketbook should be under lock and key. Her lock
    and key.

Is there a proper procedure for seeing something liking it and saying I'll
    take it! Without some smart ass remarks from some of those on here.

It is bad enough I have to hear it from Her. She has a valid reason and I have to listen,
    after all she is part of me that I don't always have to agree with; But damn well
    better listen to!. Most of the time she is right.

Just having a bad day -come to think about it it isn't that bad at all. When you think of the ones that are going thru the cancer treatment etc pain and recuperation I am having a very good day.

All the best wishes for PBB and others going through what they are going thru.
    Ken U

10. Murphy

Murphy Member

Where do I find the "guns for sale" on the website, Are they in the discussion area or is there a for sale area? Thanks

11. Murphy

Murphy Member

Where do I find the "guns for sale" on the website, Are they in the discussion area or is there a for sale area? Thanks

12. grntitan

Some people on this site(even this thread) are just jealous. Just like shopping for guns at the Grand or any other big shoot, its first come first serve. There is no rule that states you can't walk two vendors down and sell it for a profit there so why would it be different on here?? Honestly its very childish.

13. Murphy

Murphy Member

14. grntitan

For Sale section.

15. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Hoot, I think I married her sister.:)

16. hoot619

hoot619 Member

Bill Grill, My wife just read what you posted and burst out laughing, Thanks Ken U.

17. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

You really got to be quick when MIA is awake,,,,when he sleeps no one knows....LOL

It is true that most things here are priced right for members of the fraternity.....

18. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

murphy1,

When you open the discussion webb at the top of the page in bold print there's a section that says "category view" or "non category view" click on it and when it says "non category view" it breaks out the categories as "shooting related threads", "for sale & wanted threads", "off topic threads" and politics. When you get that set to "non category view" just scroll down until the bold type heading of "for sale & wanted" threads comes up. Then you can spend about 8 hours cruising the "for sale and broken dreams section". LOL

Good luck and happy shopping.

19. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I don't think anyone on here can beat the deal that I got on that size 46 Skookum sweater a few years back. I'm only a size 36, but I couldn't resist the deal. Whenever I dig it out of the drawer, it brings a grinning smile to my face. And when I slip it over my clammy, hairless chest (real loose fit) and see myself in the mirror, I think about the poor sap who started the tread about wanting one of these fine garments and how he doesn't have one....but I do.

20. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Most of the regular posters know a good deal when one comes up. And they are snatched up in minutes. If one wants something, post a WTB message, and have them send an e-mail message . Someone will offer you a good deal, and generally more than one, at least in my experience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.