1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gota call from the good folks at the Census Bureau

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by omgb, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

OK, so the Census Bureau was not pleased with my answer "Human" when they asked me my race. So, they called me with a few questions. I was going to decline to answer further but they threatened me so, I told them "I don't recall and I can't remember" Well...that worked for Nixon but not for me, they again threatened me with thinly veiled threats of legal action. So, I gave in. They asked me my race and ran off a boat load of possibilities (there are only four races folks so where they got the other crap is a mystery to me) I told them that I had never taken a DNA test (Celeste gave me this one) so I didn't know. They persisted. So, I told them that I thought we were all equal and that we were supposed to ignore skin color. To that she replied that they needed the info for affirmative action programs. I said, "What? Do you mean the government gives things to some folks on the basis of skin color? "That's discrimination" I said. To that she replied that "That's your opinion" Brother, we are a sick people. They had other questions such as am I mentally ill, am I disabled, how many rooms are in my house, how many of those rooms are bedrooms etc. I answered a bunch of non-sense to most of it but refused to give any medical info. People, this is a travesty. Privacy is a right and we need to defend it. For anyone out there who thinks entitlement programming poses no threat to individual liberty think again. Every one of these highly intrusive and very personal questions originate in entitlement programming. Oh and don't bother lecturing me about this being my civic duty; it's not. I vote, pay my taxes honestly, wore a uniform and defended our freedoms. I think I know a civic duty when I see one. If you disagree with me that's your right, but you're wrong too. Again, your right. Dang, I'm more libertarian than I thought and I'm getting more so with every election.

2. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Looks like I may be getting a call too.......oh well.

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

So you are say'n they probably didn't like my answer of NASCAR to the question of Race??

4. ctreay

ctreay Member

In all truthfulness the census person came to my door to ask the questions, I never got a form to fill out, As she went down the list I answered sort of truthfuly and then she came to race. I told her I was Scottish-American and my wife is German-American. She would not accept that. I told her that if a black person could be an African-American despite having no ties to Africa except for his color, by the virture of my parents being born in the UK and my wifes parents being one generation away from Germany I thought we should be as we claim. Well that was not on the list but she said I will put that down anyway. We haven't heard back from them yet.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    They showed up at my house when I refused to fill out their booklet of questions.

The guy simply asked how many people were in the house and that was all.

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I will be getting a call too, this is going to be fun!

7. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

They showed up at my house and I would not let the lady in, we sat on the porch, which pissed her off. I refused to answer alot of the questions and when she got huffy, I asked her for a piece of paper and a pen and wrote my attorneys name on it and handed it to her. She didnt look happy but admitted that the answers were not actually required, but she was to try and get them. It is none of their business what goes on in my house or how many toilets I have or how many people actually live there.

Affirmative action SUCKS!!!!!!!

Illegals get WAY more than they should, they are entitled to NOTHING!!!! That is what the term ILLEGAL means (NOT LEGAL) so they should get nothing but a boot in the ass back across the border.

Oscar Ray

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Nut cases

They are just trying to do their job and people with little minds and probably other things that are little are going to give them a hard time?

Yes there are laws that require participation- if you want to fight it- go to court

But quit providing ammunition for people that want to paint gun owners as different

You nut cases just happen to own firearms and enjoy wasting peoples time and causing aggravation-

You want to know why government costs so much? Because it has to deal with people like you that were just lucky and happened to be born here. There are plenty of other nations that would treat your attitude and you differently

Regards from Iowa

Gene

9. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Damn, and here I though I was the only one who wrote in "human" in the race question, now there at least 2 people of the human race living in the US. Can't wait for some bozo to call. Good job omgb.

OOPS, I forgot that they can't call me since I got rid of the home phone. Too bad!

Gene, please pull your head out of the big-eared beanpole's rear.

10. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"I tried to see the liberal point of view, but found out I wasn't flexible enough to stick my head up my a**."

11. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

stokinpls, that was funnnnnnny to the max. That's a good one to save for talking to a mentally challenged liberal.

12. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

What do you think with this Henchman in office. Wild Bill

13. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Gene you musta' been working for the census bureau to get that worked up over a silly little government form. Somebody give you a hard time??

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Gene, that's stupid. It's OUR personal information. The census law ONLY REQUIRES a head count. It does NOT require everything else.

15. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Trust the govt. Gene, they won't abuse their information. Oh, wait, they did. During WWI they illegally used census data to find hill billys that weren't reporting to the draft board. Hmm, that was illegal how in the heck did that one happen? Oh, wait, they did it again in 1941 when they used 1940s data to identify people of Japanese ancestry prior to the illegal lock up and detention of same. Now given the idiots that they have in the government now with Barry O in office why should I be inclinded to give anything other than my name, age and place of residence? Besides, I really don't know my anthropological race; I've never been DNA tested.

16. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Oh, so now I am a nut case for wanting the government out of my personal business.. Only a Liberal Retard wants the government to do everything for them, I just happen to think I know what is best for ME, not the government.

Stalin and Hitler liked to have lists, and look how that turned out. Oh thats right, that is where that big eared, muslim loving shit head in DC wants us to be.

Oscar Ray

17. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

So far I recieved the questioner 2 times and was told I was required by law to return it? Bill

18. partygirl

partygirl TS Member

Oscar Ray, you have a way with words.

19. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

Partygirl and Frank C

I sure try!!! LOL

Oscar

20. omgb

omgb Well-Known Member

Originally, the census had to ask about race. Blacks were counted as only 3/5 or 60% of a white person for representation purposes. That need went south after the 13th and 14th amendments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.