1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got your guns insured??????

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Not sure if they will require shotguns,,,,,,,but this could get expensive.......

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Watch this catch on. I am sure more anti gun states like New York, Illinois and Minnesota will like this.

You guys that keep saying gun laws to end gun violence won't effect your shotguns and rifles want to tell us that again?

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The Feds will probably make it a rider policy of Obamacare. If you own a gun, you pay extra per gun.

After all, they are gonna need the money.

4. JayZap

JayZap Active Member

Ever get the feeling government is creeping into every aspect of your life?

5. Rick Barker

Yeah, I started feeling that over 40 years ago.

My dad said he felt it over 60 years ago. (he has passed since then)

My grandfather said he felt it around the early 1920's. (he has passed also).

6. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

There's only one answer: Move to the upper peninsula and secede. Bill

7. chuckie68

chuckie68 Active Member

Slayer,

I'm getting closer, got a place in Mio. I'm creeping north.

Chuck

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Can you get insurance from confiscation?

Bob Falfa

[​IMG]

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I more get the feeling of I'm in prison and am Bubbas beyatch....gee will insurance cover me for loss due to confiscation?

10. pdq

pdq Member

Guys, look at the positive side of this. I have 3 vehicles. I used to have $1M of liability insurance on each, even though my state only requires something like $300k.

I also have homeowners insurance. I found I could get an umbrella liability policy in the amount of $5M that covers any type of liability, and by reducing my auto insurance to the minimum required which also reduced the premiums being paid, the $5M policy cost me next to nothing.

This makes sense for people even if they never owna gun.

Pete

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The sole purposes of requiring liability insurance for exercising your Second Amendment rights is to ban guns.

Period.

First, not everyone can afford yet more expenses. You might wind up losing some or all of your guns because you cannot afford the expense of government mandated insurance (sounds like Obamacare).

Second, insurance companies are not going to insure every gun. Only the "politically correct" ones, or have sky high premiums for the "politically incorrect" ones. You might be able to afford insurance for your duck gun, but not for your handgun or semi-autos.

If you don't think this is the goal of the anti's, spend some time on liberal and anti-gun blogs. They flat out state that what I wrote above is their real goal: Gun bans by proxy using insurance companies to do the dirty work of anti-gun politicians. And note that there are a lot of insurance companies that are anti-gun or at least highly supportive of liberals.

Fight this tooth and nail. It is a stealth gun ban.

12. Rick Barker

Well just how many companies are going to provide liability insurance for gun violence???

If you pull the trigger on someone, you could face anything from manslaughter to homicide, or maybe self defense, but really think an insurance company is going to pay a claim for you???

It is just a back door gun ban. If you can't get or afford insurance you will be fined, jailed and your guns will be seized.

13. hose 'em down

hose 'em down Active Member

Liability insurance excludes felonious, willful acts. Read the section on exclusions in your policy. However, if you accidentally injure someone your HO insurance will respond and even if your dog bites the neighbor kid. All of this from the faded memory of an ex insurance wizard.....

Ernie

14. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Don't forget, most politicians are "Lawyers" who once out of office go back to practicing law!!

They are crooked enough that they set laws up so they have a job to go back to!!

If you've ever been in a water "rights" war, you know what I mean!!

And Insurance company's are "run" by lawyers!

Rope's are to good for them!!

15. cnsane

cnsane Member

Yes it is a genius move to register all your guns with an insurance company. They would never collude with law enforcement--except on seatbelts. Better read the fine print on your existing policies. Better buy a safe.

16. pdq

pdq Member

I don't share the paranoia of the gestapo coming to get my guns. The risk of not having my guns insured against theft or damage (when home, traveling, at a shoot, etc.) is 1,000 times greater than a black Suburban pulling up to my home, and a pair of guys who look like they are from the movie "Matrix" knock on my door.

And, given I have a Concealed Carry Permit, the local Sheriffs' office already has a pretty good idea I have guns without having to "collude" with the insurance companies.

My primary gun is insured with a replacement value of $20k and I have a pair of vintage trap guns that I take to shoots with a similar combined value. To not have them insured against theft or damage would be lunacy.

Then again, stuff can happen. There's a guy on another list I monitor that puts aluminum foil inside his hats so that aliens can't see him when they come.

Each to his own I guess. I'm more afraid of what the idiots like BO, Reid and Pelosi will do next to "make our economy better".

Pete

17. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I've got one word for you...

"Infringe"

-Gary

18. Fla_native

Fla_native TS Member

GW22 ---- I dont think you are supposed to point that out, its for the children!

EdH

19. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

it's amazing how our government ignores the glaringly obvious root of the problem.

20. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Paid $72,000 in Home/Auto policy in less than 20 years. They refused to pay my $500.00 claim for Hurricane Irene not including tree damage because it was not covered unless it hit the house and never filed a homeowners claim before.

My neighbor has a mobile home in Fla. Only government insurance is available. They pay more for the insurance than the value of the home.

Mandatory gun insurance? Are you out of your mind?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.