1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got what you want?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by biff, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

Why is it after you buy a gun for what you thought was a good price, you will discover several later which are in better shape and at a better price also! Or you will buy one make of gun and as soon as you do someone will have exactly the make that you were looking for in the first place. A delimna compounded moreso if you end up buying both guns and later can sell neither. The biggest mistakes I made when I was trying to find THE trapgun, was I always let my emotional feelings toward a certain type gun rule any of my purchases or trades, ie. "unsingles look cool, All Americans shoot this gun, Leo shot an 1100, this one cost more so it must be better, and on and on...." so I usually paid more for them than I could ever expect to get out of them.

Life now is boring for me and by this I mean, now I see guns for sale I would have previously loved to have owned, in fact I hardly look at guns for sale anymore. It's even interesting to me how I feel having shot the same gun for over a year and a half, it just seems to feel better all the time. I can mount another brand of gun and they just don't feel right even if they fit. I just never ever felt I could be at this place or feel like I do about my gun, I'm sure there are many of you that probably feel the same way. Biff

PS: I know a fellow who has been shooting the same Model 12 since he bought back in 1967, boy I sure hope I'll be able to shoot my Ljutic that long!!

2. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

biff.......I've had that very same problem! There's only ONE solution........Buy 'em all.

3. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Biff,

I don't know whether the solution to your situation is "get what you want" or "want what you get". I believe that in some cases it's the latter. ;-)

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Biff..... I can relate to what you're feeling. I've owned way more trap guns than any shooter should have. Some I shot well and some I couldn't shoot at all. What they all had in common was the fact that I had convinced myself that it was THE gun that would do it all for me. None of them ever did, of course. About 10 years ago, a friend of mine bought a DB-81 Combo at the PITA Grand Pacific, in Salem, Oregon. I was shooting a Krieghoff at the time. He let me shoot it, and I shot it better than any other gun I had ever shot. It just plain felt right. Well, I passed on buying one, and after 10 years, and several "name" brand guns later, I am shooting a DB-81 combo. This gun, like the one I tried, just feels like no other gun I have ever handled. Now, when I mount any other gun, they just don't feel right to me. The lingering "lust" for a magic gun has passed, and I, too, find myself blissfully shooting a gun I am truely happy with. I now barely even look at guns on the rack, nor do I have the urge that so often gets us in trouble, if you know what I mean. I am shooting this gun as well, or better, than any other gun I have had, and I'm improving all the time. Wish I could have learned this lesson years ago. Man, the time and money I would have saved.......Oh well........Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Murphy's law

6. biff

biff Active Member

Dan,you're there! No one knows what we feel till they get there. I did exactly like you, it was gun after gun and none of them was right and I was always looking. I saw my gun being shot for two years and never even looked twice at it and didn't even want to shoot it when it did come up for sale. The guy I got it from couldn't shoot it and knew I was always buying guns and had to talk me into shooting it. I didn't buy it right then even though I shot it so good I just figured it was "New Gunitis" but got to thinking about it on the way home and called him. Now ever time I see him he's always saying since I shoot it so good I ought to give him more money! Ha! Biff

7. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Dan.......I know what you are saying! I have a DB-81 also........Sweet as silk!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.