1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got to test my Downrange Christmas Present!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Crickets, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crickets

Crickets Member

Got to use my Downrange wads I won at Christmas! I got 2 bags of DRXLs and I believe they were the best looking and most consistent loads (AA shells) I have ever got out of my MEC650. The shot cups are just a tiny bit deeper than the CB1100's, and it made a world of difference.

AND!!!! They shot great! I haven't patterned them but from the consistent black smoke I was seeing where the target once was, I know they are shooting great! If I hit the target it was gone - found myself thinking I missed because I didn't see any pieces falling to the ground. I shot a 93 in a downpour, the 7 I missed were because I pulled the trigger ;-). Cant wait to try the DR12s

Thanks again Downrange, you've got a customer for life!

2. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

Hey Crickets.....I got my wads too and had the same results. They are really easy to reload and are really slick. I love to see dust!

3. TomB

TomB Member

Hey Crickets.....I bought(2) bags of DR12's and they are TOO SHORT. The crimp caved in and left a hole in the middle that I had to seal with candle wax. Before you buy them , take one of your other wads and compare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.