1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got the swine flue..............

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by superxjeff, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Well... If you work in health care it's a good chance you will get the swine flue. now it's my turn. 1 week off work and at least 24 hours without a fever before I can go back. feel like I have been beat by a pipe. Get your swine flue shots guys. I wouldn't wish this on anybody. Jeff

2. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

I've a customer whose 3 daughters all have it. They are ages 5 to 11 years.

All had 103ยบ temps this morning. They've been out of school all this week.

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Pigs in your flue??? Better get them outta there before ya strike the match!

Been a believer in flu shots ever since my military days.

Guy Babin

4. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

My daughter ran as high as 104 a couple of times. The Tylenol kept it pretty well in check though. She was one sick little kid. I am pretty sure she brought it home from school even though it's all over the hospital. Jeff

5. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I'm just now getting back on my feet after being laid low last friday by the flu. I don't know what version I had but I felt like I had been hit by a bus. The body aches were worse than any I remember.

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Vern....... Im too sick to laugh. Ha-Ha- ha you made my body aches worse with that one. Jeff

7. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

The only way to get the H1N1 vaccine here in Idaho is to be the priority, high risk candidate, which I'm not, or wait in line for 3 hours at one of the mass clinics and hope you get to the front of the line before they run out, and risk getting the damned flu while sitting in line, indoors, with a few hundred people.

Jeff, hope you get better soon. As for my part, I'll be washing my hands a lot and refraining from touching my eyes, nose or mouth with my bare hands. I started doing that when I was a paramedic, years ago, and haven't gotten the flu since the early 90s with no flu shots.

Get better soon, wherever you sickies are, Jen

8. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Kim :)

9. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

We have both grandbabies under three with the flu right now. They are sick little puppies. the temps have been 103 and up to 104 but the dr says the grandaughter hasn't got the swine flu or h1n1 we are hoping that the grandson doesn't have it either. I was sick as a dog last week and felt terrible for three days. Hope you all stay well. Dan

10. shaner

shaner Member

same deal here in ohio , i did get my flu shot last month , but now they are out of them for a few weeks , and the h1n1 is for special groups of high risk and now its goin to be mid november till they have them for us old guys hahaahhell probobly have it an over it by then

11. carv

carv Member

Call it what it is. Mexican Flue

12. blowin smoke

blowin smoke TS Member

Please do some research on this vaccine before you or your family decide to get it. From what I have been able to research, the vaccine adjuvent "squalene"/ MF-59 has been linked to autoimmune disorders (ALS, Gulf War Syndrome, etc.)

I know people who were really sick for a few days with it but are now fine without medical intervention. Also, if you do get it, I understand that your body builds an immunity from getting it again in the future. Information is power, so do some research for yourself so you can make an informed decision.

13. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I saw some people the other day who were on ventilators and near death. I suspect at this point the vaccine looks pretty good to them. If I could have got it I would have. Ask your Dr. and his RN weather or not they are getting it. Jeff

14. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

50 years ago, when I was young and tough, my boss too a look at me and said, "You look like you been ate by a waol and shxx off a cliff! Get yer sick axx out of here and go see the Company Nurse!"

As I walked in the door, she said, "STOP! You look like you have the Hong Kong Flu! Turn around and get into bed and don't come back until you feel better!"

I crawlerd into bed and passed out like a light...woke up 3 days later!

Haven't had the Flu since!

15. Illini bird

Illini bird TS Member

MY wife has been working for 10 years in a chicago Hospital in ER. has never been sick. She treats over 300 a week.She has never had a flue shot. She drinks a Vitamin water bottle and one fruit yogurt from Mc Donalds a day. Her and several Doctors do this every day.Works Larry

16. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

they ran out of the shots in Mass, but not before they provided them FREE to prison inmates....

17. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

Someone (guest) on G Gordon Liddy show who sounded pretty knowledgeable said to take vitamin D-3. He reasoned that more people get the flu in the colder months because they do not get enough vitimin D and that lowers resistance to colds and viruses.

Your body naturally makes vitamin D from being exposed to sunlight, in colder months you have less skin exposed to sunlight due to heavier clothing.

He also said to get the D-3 that is derived from lanolin.

Wash your hands frequently and drink lots of water.

tom

18. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

I went in the hospital with a heart in A-fib, rapid and irregular rhythm, and diabetes. Twelve pills a day, 24 Lovenox injections, and three days later I am still in A-fib but with a normal heart rate and regular.

The heart doc said get a flue shot. I asked him if he was getting one and he looked at me and said "In all good conscience I won't"

The stuff they make it from I will not put in my body. I am healthy and willing to chance a case of the flue. However you are at a much higher risk category than the normal healthy person.

The risk of the side effects are a lot less than the flue in your condition.

Only trouble is I have to wait two weeks for the first shot.

I have never taken a flue shot and never had the flue ever.

I plan to stay at home as much as possible and the doc insists that I wear a mask when I go out among people. He also said I should wear gloves when in public places ? He also recommended the use sanitizer a lot during the day.

Rock

Jim

19. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

I have never got a flu shot in my life. They made it MANDITORY in NY for all health care workers. If you don't get it you lose your job. I got it and have been sick ever since. Now there is an injunction because people are suing the state for civil right infringement. The flu shot is the biggest scam going. There is always a "shortage".

Total BS.

The flu shot you get this year was manufactured last year at the companies best guess for what strain will hit the hardest. They had a year to make it, suddenly a shortage? I think not. It is the biggest crock going...

I would never get the swine flu vaccination.

20. Kim Little

Kim Little Member

I second the Vitamin D. Most people are deficient in it. We take prescription supplements after a blood test confirmed it. You have to ask for the bloodtest most of the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.