1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got some old Pattern Control wads...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by alf174, Jun 5, 2013.

1. alf174

alf174 Member

.. that I'd like to use up. Anyone tell me what the current day equivalent is? Its the white one and a Blue duster Waa12 Replacement is sitting to its left for reference. I'll be loading first with E3, W209, in a AA hull then switch to a STS. Thanks in advance!

alf174_2008_03032.jpg

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I used a lot of Pattern Control wads in the day but they were red and were a AA replacement. Your white one is short and I don't know what it is for.

3. alf174

alf174 Member

Red as they are now made by DownRange? Based on the bag these look like they're from before DownRange bought up the tooling.

4. Zoom.Golly

Zoom.Golly Well-Known Member

"Rem Length" on bag, and from the picture, they were probably made to load in the high-based pre-RXP All American and earlier hulls. Probably similar to the AA12r that many like for 1 1/4 ounce loads. Not much use for targets loads in todays hulls.

5. alf174

alf174 Member

Thanks, I figured as much but wanted to get another opinion.