1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

!!!Got Screwed with Danner Booots!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skip, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip

skip Member

Picked out a pair of boots for Christmas to buy from Danner.

Did a lot of internet boot research and decided to order the Danner Grand Slam Insulated boots from Cabellas. They were on sale at $109/pair. Danner came highly recommended even here on the Trap Shooters forum.

I placed a lot of weight in my decision to buy them based on where they were made. Everything I read about Danner indicated they were made in the USA.

The boots arrived today and printed on the box and on a label inside each boot "MADE IN CHINA"

What a dissapointment! I could have gone to Walmart and bought the same crap there.

Bottom Line BACK THEY GO!!!!! I wish all the way to China

Buyer beware!

2. jsa3107

jsa3107 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I feel the same way
    if we demand to know where things are made before we buy
    We would be buying alot more MADE IN AMERICA PRODUCTS....
    Or at least more fair market products....

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Even Carhart clothes are made in China now.

I read a story in the paper the other day that says there is a big "Made in China" backlash. A poll showed something like 58% of everyone surveyed said they were checking and not purchasing toys made in China this Christmas. Going further, 69% of seniors were also boycotting Chinese toys.

People are fed up, for a variety of reasons.

4. smartass

smartass TS Member

So, skip, are the boots ok or not. You didn't even bother saying if the met your requirements or not. By the way, just where in the hell did you think they would be assembled- Mexico?

5. C1

C1 Member

Let me get this straight...You paid $109 for a pair of boots and expected them to be made in the good old USA?

I bet you believe in Santa and paid the $109 with money from the tooth fairy.

6. grammie

grammie TS Member

You cannot make a good pair of boots in this country and then sell them for 100 dollars!!! It cost more than that for workers insurance premiums,,union wages,,401K contributions,,paid vacations,,etc....and still leave room to make the CEO,,CFO,,Board of Directors,,and the other 125 higly paid middle managers well off!!! That is why we must purchase clothes from other countries,,,,that is why we must buy the rope to place around our necks from China and others...The New World Order----"mission accomplished".........

AKA Grammie.....

7. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

Whenever I order from Cabela's, I call first and ask where is it made!

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

You order somethng and return it - and there wasnt anything wrong with the product?

Do you think that is maybe why prices of goods go up for the rest of us?

by the way- find an auto or truck that doesnt have parts made in other countries in them??????? you will be riding a bike to work- because there arent any

oh wait- all the bikes are made in china

hmm well you will be walking to work-- oh

well you just returned your boots

are you going to walk to work in bare feet? cause you aren't going to find a pair of socks made here in the US

you better live in the south- cause your feet are going to be very cold from now on

9. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

yeah, but, Ran200, dont forget you may be havin problems with that credit cause you tried to get size 15 tootsies into a pair of size 9s. Merry Christmas!

10. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

$109, boots, and USA...yep, they don't go together.

If you really want to buy quality boots, AND you really want to buy USA, then get a pair from Russel Moccasins. They will sure be more than $100, but they will be hand crafted in the USA, by USA work men, and they will be made beautifully.

http://www.russellmoccasin.com/

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Russel are the best. There is a tracing of my feet in their files.

When your boots wear out (If you live long enough) you send them back and they rebuild them.

HM

12. fordtough

fordtough Member

schnees boots are the best i have worn and i have two pair danners pronghon and eagles, schnees are made in bozeman mt. when you wear out the bottoms send them back and they will stitch new bottoms on em, 100% waterproof.

13. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I think the new Danners are the best boots you can buy - if you care about how your feet feel after a long day of walking

Gene

14. HOT-HAMMER

HOT-HAMMER TS Member

MY SHOTGUN,USA. MY REDWINGS THAT I WEAR ARE MADE IN THE USA, I DONT EVEN TRY ON BOOTS THAT ARE NOT. CALHART STILL HAS USA ITEMS, JUST HAVE TO CHECK TAGS (THEY STILL HAVE A PLANT IN IRVIN, KY.) I TRY TO BUY USA MADE ITEMS,ITS A PERSONAL CHOICE. RICK

15. Bridger

Bridger Member

According to a newspaper article I read recently, 99% of all shoes sold in this country come from China. If that's true it is going to take a lot of looking to find anything made in this country and it surely won't be for anywhere near $100.. I have a very hard time finding shoes that fit correctly and are comfortable. When I do, I'm going to buy them regardless of where they are made.

16. Bridger

Bridger Member

According to a newspaper article I read recently, 99% of all shoes sold in this country come from China. If that's true it is going to take a lot of looking to find anything made in this country and it surely won't be for anywhere near $100.. I have a very hard time finding shoes that fit correctly and are comfortable. When I do, I'm going to buy them regardless of where they are made.

17. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

My Red Wings are also made in the USA. They have a line that's made in China, but they're called Red Wing something or another. The day I go to buy another pair and they say made in china, I'll be leaving them at the store.

18. berettaman7

berettaman7 TS Member

Everything now is being made in china, it does not surprise me that Danner boots are too.

Berettaman7

19. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

You might be wearing boots that say made in the USA, but the soles, laces, and lowers are not made in the US. Face it, we can't compete on the wages. What good does it do to wear shoes from the USA when everything else you've got is foreign or mostly foreign. Our Software Technology, Medical, and Construction logistics are still competitive......now.

20. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I tried to buy usa made this year this is what I got. Tires for my wifes car michelens. New pair of red wing boots, my ammo for shooting trap. my S&W 4013 tactical 40cal. Briely choke tubes. Chppewas that I checked out at wearguard where made in china. Maybe we can try to not buy from communist countries? Toss your computer in the trash,,,its made in china.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.