1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

got scammed after all these years

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by tcr1146, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Thought I would warn any prospective customers of once fired brass. I ordered 1000 once fired large primer 45 acp brass from brassandbullets.com on 27 Apr. They immediately provided a link to check status of order on same day! When the order did not arrive yesterday, I started checking. Phone number "not a working number". Status link did not work! Finally, their email address was "underliverable"! I think I am screwed! I ordered with Visa! I am sure it is too late to stop payment now! Any suggestions guys! Tom Rhoads

2. sharhope

sharhope Member

Always use PayPal.

3. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

I'd have credit card do a cancel anyway.

4. Mark-in-Maine

Mark-in-Maine Member

You can dispute a credit card charge. Paypal is very anti gun.

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

You can always dispute a charge to your credit card. If this really is the scam as you describe, the credit card company will be more than happy to help shut them down.

6. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Do a cancel payment,and dispute the charge.........You'll be refunded,and all will be OK.This has happened tome,and the CC company has always backed me.

Good luck,and good shooting

D.P.Reynolds

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Write Visa a letter explain the issue. They will stop payment and or get the money back generally.

8. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Turn your Visa card over, call the customer service number on the back and tell them what happened. Don't need to wait for the charges to show up. They can take immediate action.

rm

9. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Their website says they do Paypal. ??

10. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Do not need to write a letter. Go to your visa website online and you can dispute your charges there.

11. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

What Yakimaman said, i got screwed on a deal one time and Visa went after them 2 mo after it happened, I got my money back. Joe

12. tcr1146

It all may end happily ever after! I got another number for him, left a "firm" message and miraculously, he returned the call and left a message that they had been busy but would send the order today, 8 May! If not, thanks to all on how I needed to proceed! Needless to say, will not do business with them again! Marthy, you scare me, but I will try to be ready! Tom Rhoads

13. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

If you wait too long to dispute the charges, there will be nothing Visa can do.

Dispute the charges now, today. If the order arrives, then you can pay.

Too Many Red Flags.

Dave

14. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

All neat advice IMO. There are some great companies out there, Midsouth comes tomind, but there are others. Fly by nights got me once at e bay for a string trimmer..

15. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

Good advice concerning stopping/disputing the Credit Card Charge.

Personally, I order brass and other loading supplies from either Midway USA or Graf and Sons. Prices are usually fair and competitive!

Allen

16. tcr1146

It all turned out well! After I left a "nice" voicemail, he returned my call and told me he would ship it Wednesday! Got the brass today and it was great brass with 80 % or more of it being Rem, Fed, and WW! It has been well cleaned, resized, and polished nicely! What still has me confused is that I ordered the brass from : brassandbullets.com out of Alabama. However, when I went to the visa charge and got the phone number it was a different phone number and the website is: firstclassbulletsandbrass.com out of Illinois!? Oh well, it all turned out well and I got a good education! Thanks again guys! Tom Rhoads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.