1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got "NO" Milk?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by biff, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biff

biff Active Member

Got

Trapshooters health IS important---trapshooting is an activity which can be enjoyed way into the golden years.

What's that got to do with milk? I like milk and especially cheese and ice cream but read an article recently about the effects of drinking milk that is heavily laced(naturally) with Estrogen, progesten, and Bovine Growth Horomone(this stuff makes the cows udders enlarge so they will produce more milk for the offspring) which woke me up to what I'm putting into my body, would I take estrogen, heck no! Pregnant cows are used to produce milk right up to delivery and that milk contains more of these horomones than cows which aren't pregnant. Milk products in countries consuming larger amounts of dairy products have a higher rate of breast cancer(yes men do have breast cancer also), colon cancer, heart disease(#1 killer), diabetes, asthma acne and the list is long. Seems like everything I like is bad for me, I don't know about you, but starting today my fridge is going to be cleaned out and it's goodbye for dairy products!

I imagine in time I will lose my desire for ice cream and cheese. You do what you wish, maybe go on line and look up some of the effects of dairy products, the Dairy Association will tell you something else. Sudden Infant Death Syndrone is being linked to milk, an allergic reaction asthma like condition which come from the babies last meal! I'm sure I'll get some hits for this but if it helps only one other trapshooter it will be worth it! Biff

2. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Got

the sky is falling, again.

brett d.

3. smartass

smartass TS Member

Got

Thanks a bunch, Biff, for that hysteria. Looks like you need more global warming.

4. biff

biff Active Member

Got

Pile it on guys, I'm a big boy! You lurkers know deep down I'm right!! biff

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Got

My dear post-menopausal Wifey seems to be doing good drinking a lot of milk daily.

I don't touch the stuff.

HM

6. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Got

You know what you need, you need to stop reading about milk, cripes, next you will start believin the crap about global warming....

7. Loyac

Loyac Member

Got

"rBST" is the main growth hormone given to cows. Certain California dairies produce rBST FREE milk to the industry. Check your labels. John

8. eric

eric TS Supporters TS Supporters

Got

I recently went to my Naturapathic doc and was tested for allergies and found out that I have a Dairy allergy - nice to find that out after 50 years! After thinking about how I felt after eating/drinking dairy, it made sense but I did not make the connection. Apparently a dairy allergy is fairly common so there IS something to Biff's comments!

9. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Got

Before you know it, Broccoli and Cauliflower will be bad for you!! We're in trouble then !!!..........Uncle Sam, Gardner in Pa.

10. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Got

It must be a cold rainy blah day in ts.com land.....there are no posts on here today about anything related to shooting it seems. biff, might i suggest also cutting out meat too since it has hormones? Oh yeah, and join PETA and greenpeace while you are at it. And stop showering cause there are chemicals in the water. And dont drink the water cause there are chemicals in it. But you cant just collect water and drink it cause theres chemicals in it too. I guess that pretty much chemicals are going to kill you! I will see you on the other side.

Forrest

11. biff

biff Active Member

Got

Forest, you are correct in that there are lots of things not good for us, especially in this day and age; it's hard to find wholesome food or be safe from all things bad for us. Yes and I know reloading with lead shot(I tried Rice Crispies, but didn't work too good on handicap), smelling fresh fired Federal Papers, and possibly burnt gunpowder aren't going to extend our lives either. And Stubs I cut out as much red beef from my diet as I could stand 10 years or more ago. John L and otnot, even labeled "organic" or Non-rBST milk still has higher levels than you want to intake; it's kinda like the ad that states 20% off,... heck how much was it in the first place.

I'm not telling you what do do or how to live your lives and there may be nothing to be alarmed about. I can remember my mother cooking with Lard, it came in a 50 lb. can( Partridge, I remember that big yellow can with a Quail on it), you never heard of anyone dying of cancer or heart disease back then. They cooked with lard, ate cows butter, ate fried hog meat, with vegatables fresh or canned out of the garden; they worked hard and just wore out and died. They didn't know alot about germs, never had tv's or Breyer ice cream; they knew you worked hard 6 days a week and went to church on Sunday morning to a fire and brimstone sermon and in the afternoon they rested up for the week ahead. Now days things are much different and being aware even if it's not what you want to hear may help you have a better quality of life for a longer period of time. There's nothing in this for me, but like what someone said about me was that I like people and want to help them... just take it as a tip, like how to break that hard left angle!! biff

12. Bvr Tail

Bvr Tail Well-Known Member

Got

biff,

Boy are you right about the Rice Crispies......but Grape Nuts will work.

Danny

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

Got

Ice cream is very good, but cheese is necessary for a full life. It is strongly recommended by all Christian Churches through the hymn "What a Friend We Have in Cheeses".

Pat Ireland

14. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Got

I don't buy the enlarged udders crap... I have been drinking milk all my life and my udder has not grown any larger then what it is.

Here's my kind of cow... <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jerbear

15. Mark Schlabach

Mark Schlabach TS Member

Got

I work for a cheese producer in Ohio. All of our products are rBST/rBGH Artificial Growth Hormone Free. We produce Yogurt Cheeses that contain Acidophilus and Bifidus.

Two strains of healthy bacteria, Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria, are found in yogurt, cheese, and other fermented foods. Daily intake of foods containing these bacteria have been suggested to provide health benefits including improved digestion and alleviation of constipation, increased absorption of dietary minerals, reduced blood cholesterol levels and enhanced protection from tumors. Check out our website.

16. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Got

shooterIII:

I guess I got out my thinking cap when I was around 12 because I got a hold of some bad milk in school and never could stand to drink it since so maybe that was a good thing Biff since it is so bad for us now days.

Fog

17. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Got

I'm on red wine therapy and darn little milk. I alway buy the not BGH stuff as I have some relatives in the dairy business and that stuff cuts the cow's life span by 30% or more. Yes, the stuff does increase production, but in the end it's just nasty stuff promoted by the large bio companies and dairymens greed.
    My grandfather was one of the founders of Challenge Creamery (now a Land-O-Lakes company) and he treated his herd with total respect. It's encouraging to see more dairies drop this nasty stuff. If you really want to get ticked off, the amount of antibiotics used in the dairy business is outrageous...monthy does of amox/pen vk to ward off foot fungus. And yes, small amounts do end up being consumed.
    Now it's time for my special elixer...Madrona Winery, 2004, Old Vine Zinfandel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.