1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got new blaser trap gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hubie7, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hubie7

hubie7 Member

Just got my new style Blaser combo today with John Allem's new release trigger. Shot is several hundred times. We have some tweeking to do but everything seems to be working fine. I patterned all 3 barrels and they all shot perfect left to right. Adjusted the ribs and shot singles, doubles and handicap. The gun is balanced and recoil feels good. Young Johnny did a great job on the double release triggers.

2. Gary E.

Gary E. TS Member

Is that you Steve, concrete finisher extrodinaire??

Gary Ehasalu

3. hubie7

hubie7 Member

They did not put a ARR trigger in this gun. There is not enough room for the parts. This trigger has a unique design.

4. TjayE

TjayE Member

Steve, Good Luck with your new gun. I know you will shoot it well. Tom E

5. hubie7

hubie7 Member

Hi Gary E. Yes it is the concrete finisher extrodinaire????See you in the
    Spring.When it is warmer

6. KaboK80

KaboK80 TS Member

I was there Saturday and saw two of the new Blaser's in action and they didn't even offer to allow me to try one for a couple shots. That just aint right!

7. Bushmaster1313

Bushmaster1313 Well-Known Member

"I patterned all three barrels and they all shot perfect left to right"

I never had a three barrel trap gun. I thought they only came in singles and doubles.

Sounds like it is a SxSxS

8. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Who is doing the release trigger work? NOT Factory?

9. FormerMarine

FormerMarine Member

Steve,

Can you tell me what the 3 barrel set consists of and why it's a 3 barrel set instead of 2?

Thanks

10. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

well one barrel is likely the unsingle, the second and third are likely located in the other barrel set which has a top and a bottom, I will let you assign which one is two and three. That makes three barrels even by my WV math! Good to know they all shot straight! these look like quality guns.

11. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

So he doesn't mean, Top-single, Unsingle & O/U? Dave T.

12. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Is it my imagination or have the prices been reduced considerably on these guns?

13. Prettywood

Prettywood Member

Hey Dave, Could you be a little more specific? You speaking of Trap Combos only? Older model F3,or the combos that just hit the shelves 2-3 weeks ago? All Blaser's? Curious. I will say this having purchased an F3 Attache and just rec'd my 28 ga. barrels yesterday, and did a lot of homework before buying, some like retail, some like retail plus, and you may have run into the dealers who want to play fair! Hope so!

14. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I'd like to feel the prom Queens Thigh for a comparasion myself. I have not yet shot an Allem's Roller Release yet.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

15. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

These days you might want him to shave first. LOL Ron

16. blazer1

blazer1 TS Member

Just ordered new Blazer combo set and was looking for more information such as has anyone pattern the gun at 16-40yrs? What chokes were working out best for them at 16 and 27yrds?

Did you have to move the weights around in the forearm/stock? If so, more to the forward?

Any and all info would be appreciated.

17. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

I don't own one but what works for someone else mite not work for you and your new gun. The weight shifting thing will be up to your own liking and know body else. Just go shoot the heck out of it and you will get it figured out with some trial and air. Good luck with your new toy and don't forget to tell us how it works out for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.