1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got My Wally World Shells

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Got a lot of stares at eight am this morning at a North Georgia Wal Mart when I walked around and out with a shopping cart filled with Winchester and Federal shotgun shells. Eighteen dollars a box is very hard to beat!

blade819

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

"Eighteen dollars a box is very hard to beat."

Blade i'll gladly sell you shotshells for $18/box all day long. In fact i'll make 'em STS and AA's or even Federal Papers. :)

I think you mean $18/4-pack. That's a little better deal.

Just bust'n your balls.......LOL

3. blade819

18 dollars a box of 100. How's that?

blade819

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Shopped at Walmart today (Black Friday). Federal value packs were $18 a sleeve (100 shells). Have been selling for $22.

Sale price comes to $45 a case. No other value pack brands were on sale.

5. blade819

still a good price.

blade819

6. jkortte

jkortte Member

I bought 4 100 round boxes. Should have bought a lot more.

7. DanLee

DanLee Member

Got the same deal at Dick's today on Federal Top Guns. Rounded off, it was $60 per flat for the first flat, then $30 for the second, averaging $45 per flat. I bought enough flats for winter league and then some.

Dan

8. open choke

open choke TS Member

Are these all day black Friday sales? Either one

And the red box federals from Walmart are the all purpose loads someone told me they aren't as good at the top guns. Even though the hulls look the same. Is this true?

9. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

Yes, I also dropped by and bought six sleeves (four boxes each) of the Federal Game/Target shells, (3 dram equivilant, 1&1/8 oz of 8 or 7.5).

Yes, I think the sale goes on all day...some of the adds say "while supply lasts." The store I went to only had one sleeve of the Winchester Universals left. (I bought them,too.)

Yes, these shells are as good as the Top Guns, you just can't get them in the lighter loads. As a matter of fact,(by my own unscientific research,) they are better than the gray box Top Gun shells sold at Wal-Mart for $4.77 per box. These have given me misfire problems, but the Game/Target loads have not. I have found the Game/Target shells quite good for handicap.

Beware, both of the stores I was in today had the $22.97 sign still in place. But, whe I approached the display a 2 by 3 inch cutout of the print add was scotch taped to the rack pricing them at $18.00 per sleeve.

Martinpicker

10. vatrap

vatrap Member

Shells were a good deal, but I picked up a couple of these and they look like a good case for $30.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.