Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got my "new" trap gun!

4K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  selmerfan 
#1 ·
Well,
I got my "new" trap gun shipped in this week. It's a B.C. Miroku o/u 12 ga. with 30" barrels, MC stock and ventilated rib. It's not a Citori clone, it doesn't have automatic eject, it just lifts the shells out of the chamber with one central piece instead of the two ejectors, and it does not have selectable barrels, but is single trigger, inertia set on top barrel. It's a type 3 top lever spring model. No markings other than B.C. Miroku on the bottom of the receiver and 2 3/4" 12 ga. on one side of the barrel, Kochi, Japan on the other. Very solid, excellent condition, surprisingly light. It has fixed chokes, Full over Improved Modified, and true to my father's B.C. Miroku O/U field gun, the Improved Mod. choke patterns as tight or tighter than my Briley Full Choke. The Full Choke registers in the extra full/turkey full range. Dad's is choked F/F and will literaly hang/smoke targets from 30 yds behind the trap house. I'm very pleased with my first dedicated trap gun for $435 shipped! I haven't gotten to put into on targets yet, but hopefully will this week.
Willie

#9 ·
Got my

No, that's a fancier grade than the one I purchased. That looks more like the one my father owns that is a field-stocked gun, but his doesn't have the coin finish. And to answer the sax question, yes, I'm a sax player. Selmer does make many instruments, but they make the finest saxophones in the world, hands down. My undergrad is in music education/sax major. Anyway, here's my first attempt to post pictures. Bear with me if this screws up!

Our 12 wk old Weimaraner pup, Lucy, decided she needed to model it for me. :)

#13 ·
Got my

I have a few more pics, but only know how to do one at a time. It's a very tight gun, I don't believe it's been shot much. Don't worry, it's not loaded, those are just chamber swabs to keep the rust out. I tried to get a pic of the B.C. Miroku marking on the bottom of the receiver, but it wouldn't come out. Our 12 week old Weimaraner pup, Lucy, decided to model the gun for me.

#15 ·
Got my

buzz-gun,
I played a Mark VI alto 141xxx for about ten years during HS and college, along with a SA 80 Serie III. Then the Reference 54 horns came out. I've played dozens of Mark VI altos, and I've played very few that can touch a properly set-up Reference 54 in tone, intonation, or response. I have all of my sax work done by Randy Jones in Waterloo, IA www.tenormadness.com and he does great things with saxophones! The References I played at first I did not care for straight from the factory, but Randy handed me one while I was in his shop one day, and after putting it through its paces my mind immediately turned to selling the VI and the III, getting a Ref. 54 and using the profit to help pay for seminary. I did just that a couple weeks later and haven't regretted for a single second since. I haven't got any pics of my horn uploaded anywhere right now, but it's the exact same looking as these. http://www.saxquest.com/productDetails.asp?productcode=ref54alto I didn't pay nearly that much for my horn, even with an extra neck. The weak dollar has severly jumped the prices on the European horns, mine is insurance appraised at about $300 below current cost of new, about $1000 more than I paid for it.
Willie

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.