1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got My New Average Card--Edited

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Paid my dues at the Grand and recieved my new Average Card today in the mail. I also noticed all the Grand scores are already posted on the ATA site. They are unusally current this year. That's a good thing. Anybody else??

2. grntitan

Nevermind. I didn't see the rest of the stuff in the envelope. It was my reduction. Duh....

3. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Reduction??????

blade819

4. grntitan

My 1000 Target review with a Reduction offer.

When you suck thats what they do. I didn't think i was that bad but evidently so. LOL

I refused it as i don't see a need to shoot any closer than i already am. My choice.

5. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Hey the Boys from Back East stunk up the bed too. Me I got Coomidan pills for an excuse, double vision and brain damage. Just glad the Doc said I can still shoot real 12ga ammo. Missed 5 in a row on station 3.

Harry

6. jimsw

jimsw Member

"Take everything they give you, move forward and be competitive" quote Frank Little.

7. PETER PERFECT

PETER PERFECT TS Member

GRNTITAN FRANK LITTLE IS OR WAS 100% RIGHT. EVERYBODY EVEN LEO IF HE SHOOTS BAD SCORES.

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Matt:

I would have thought that ;living so close to a world class facility you'd be a 27 yarder AAA.

blade819

9. grntitan

blade,

Evidently it don't work that way.

10. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

You just got to spend more time driving to it that 's all! Go through the anticipation thing before you get there, have someone keep asking are we there yet? got to keep things real. actually I've been told that you got to earn yardage and the right to keep it. If you are having trouble maintaining a decent average take the reduction, there is no shame in it. If you don't take the reduction you stand the chance of being the low guy on the squad all the time, or the disruptive 55055 guy. Sometimes getting closer lets you pick your timing(confidence) back up and then you can march back once you get it going. I wish you well with your shooting. Leo

11. grntitan

Thanks for the helpful advice and encouragement everyone. It certainly makes me feel better about my Handicap or lack thereof. I believe my biggest crutch is my mental part of the sport. I have been working on this with the help of several much more skilled shooters. Hopefully after my scheduled surgeries this winter, 2012 will be my year for handicap.--Matt

12. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

Consider the reduction a free trophy. It changes your mindset.

13. leadvail

leadvail Member

Or a punch as a penalty for doing well.

Once I didn't take a reduction and suffered not being competitive. Looking at low scores was alot worse. 1 yard makes a difference for me, and looking at the low averages by fellow shooters that refuse the reductions, it's making a differece for them also. Most continue to play the money hoping for a miracle. I take them all and have gained the yard back so far.

But I understand the fear of not getting back to the yardage you earned. I felt it 4 times so far.

Bob

14. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

If you have never missed a target on purpose ( and I believe most shooters have never missed on purpose) then take the reduction. That's what it's for. You say the mind game may be the problem. I did not see where you are shooting from but if it is 25 or less try this: USE THE SAME SHELL AND CHOKE THAT YOU USE ON THE 16. HOLD AT THE SAME PLACE ON THE HOUSE AND LEVEL FROM THE GROUND AS AT THE 16. SHOOT WITH THE SAME LEADS AND TIMING AS AT THE 16. After the 25 things begin to change a bit but up to that, you can and will shoot better scores. It's a mind thing for sure. Your advanced trap shooters brain is fooled into believeing that the target is farther (it is but only a few feet) faster and smaller. DO NOT MAKE IT HARDER THAN IT IS!!! Try it--I promise you will see a difference to the better.

Been there--Done that!

15. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Copy of the note from the ATA to Matt

Dear Matt,

You Suck.. take one giant step forward and call us next year.

Thanks again for supporting us
    Sincerely
    Jeff

16. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

man, some of you guys are cold! Matt I hope your surgeries are successful and that all will be well. Hope to see you next year. Good luck Leo

17. grntitan

Jerry---LMAO, If that wasn't so damn funny, i'd be mad. I'm a good sport and can play along.

Leo--Thanks for the thoughts. I look forward to meeting you as well.

18. PETER PERFECT

PETER PERFECT TS Member

GRNTITAN WHAT KIND OF SURGERIES ARE YOU HAVING. HOPE EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE AN MAY GOD BE WITH YOU.

19. grntitan

PETER--I'm having back surgery in Oct. and a total replacement of my left shoulder in Jan.

20. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

Matt

In Feb-2012 me and you will have our shoot off for the

Mud Creek Championship-------I think I can take you then

Hope to see you at Sparta fall shoot. God speed

Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.