1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got My New ATLAS Trap Thrower

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by hoffman06, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Today we got our new Atlas Patriot trap thrower set up and tried it out. This is a great machine and throws birds a very good distance and speed. All American made, Benton Kansas, and when you call you speak with one of the owners. Great service and a great American product.
    Carey

2. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I love mine...

3. Grizzly

Grizzly TS Member

Just how far will it throw a trap??

lmao!!!!

Grizz

4. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Grizz, sorry for the slow answer. I don't know the distance in yards but we set the Atlas up behind our trap house, at the club, and it was throwing the birds about the same distance as our regular traps do. I had a couple of questions about an adjustment and called Atlas, they walked me through it and said if I needed more help call them on the cell phone while doing the adjusting and they would go through it step by step. Bet you can't get this with the China machines.
    Carey

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

We sure like ours, we just use it in the back yard, beats having to cock the old ones

I just wish all my "friends" would bring their own targets and shells

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

What trap machines are made in China?

7. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Does anyone have any experience with life expectancy before repairs or rebuilds are necessary?

8. hoffman06

hoffman06 Member

Guys as to the life of the Atlas traps I can't say for sure but looking at the way it is constructed and the machine work on the pieces I would say a very long time. The Do All line of traps machines are imported. I think most all of the one that are sold by the large chain stores are also. If you are thinking of getting a machine, do yourself a favor and call the guys at Atlas.
    Carey

9. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

A guy at our club has been using an Atlas about once each week for over 3 years with no problems. My do all did not last but a few months and about 50 cases of birds.

10. K-Hornet

K-Hornet Member

I have had my Atlas 250 for 4 yrs. and have had no trouble with it. I tried all different manuf. of clay targets and even ran a mixed lot thru it and it feed them with no problem. I am thinking about adding the wobble attachment to it soon. Just love the american made on it. Al

11. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

I've had an Atlas 250 which I put in our 5 stand about 5 years ago.

It throws targets to the 70-80 metre range. Scott is constantly working on improving his machines. He is a s close as the phone and responds asap.

We broke 1 spring, but it was replaced immediately.

12. jbshep

jbshep Member

I've had my Atlas 250 about 4 years and no problems at all. It throws center straghtaways 55 yards. I just wish it would throw doubles. - Brad

13. jbshep

jbshep Member

I've had my Atlas 250 about 4 years and no problems at all. It throws center straghtaways 55 yards. I just wish it would throw doubles. - Brad

14. jbshep

jbshep Member

15. jbshep

jbshep Member

16. jbshep

jbshep Member

17. jbshep

jbshep Member

18. romie

romie Active Member

How much do they cost
    Monty

19. Lobo

Lobo TS Member

I just bought the AT-50. Just wish I could have justified the 250. When I was researching what to buy I came onto a testimonial on the AT-250 with 40,000 throws with no problems. A friend has a Champion he is getting along well with.

20. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

My 250 has lasted 4 years with no machine problems, one time I had a user problem, we set it up right out side of one of the shops, and I use a battery charger instead of a battery it's lighter, but I hooked it up and it took off on it's own, emptied itself before I knew what was going on.

The battery charger was set for boost, I guess the voltage is too high, because it went into hyperdrive, reset the charger and all worked fine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
atlas patriot throwing distance
atlas patriot trap review
atlas patriot trap thrower
atlas patriot trap thrower for sale
atlas patriot trap thrower review

atlas trap reviews

atlas trap thrower problems

atlas trap thrower reviews