1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got my call from Ebensburg

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I mentioned that I was expecting a call to report the latest price on Remington primers; $214.60/5,000 plus tax! Winchester, by comparison is $148. A comment that went along with the report: Remington doesn't give a whit about the customer. (oops misspelled word) We vote with our feet, boys & girls.

best...mike

2. TjayE

TjayE Member

Mike, it looks like Remington wants to get out of the 'Reloading Components' business. Why are Remington primers priced 30 percent higher than their competitors? Did you price Rem wads? I understand they are going to have a price increase also. Tom

3. TjayE

TjayE Member

Mike, it looks like Remington wants to get out of the 'Reloading Components' business. Why are Remington primers priced 30 percent higher than their competitors? Did you price Rem wads? I understand they are going to have a price increase also. Tom

4. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Yep, Tom. It looks like a corporate decision. Like I said, we vote with our feet.

5. Randy P

Randy P Member

Mike, Tom, I've bought my last Remington reloading supplies, on my last 4000 primers and when they are used up everything Rem. will be replaced...

6. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Remington has also indicated they won't participate in the shell rebate program this year. In that case Federal and Winchester ought to have a hell of a year.

Border Bandit is right, vote with your feet and your wallet. Cut'em loose.

7. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

I voted with my feet when I never received a rebate on an 1187 I bought last year. Not buying anymore guns from them also.

Pat

8. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Cheddites at $89.50/5,000 with no sales tax look like the way to go. They will do the same job as the rest.

9. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

rick979,

Where are you getting that price?

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I just ordered 5000 Remington primers from our Gun Club at $28.74 per thousand.

You should look around and buy them some place that isn't holding you up.

Hauxfan!

11. 3357

3357 Member

from my perspective Remington has not participated in the shell rebate program for the last 2 years. They have screwed me out of the rebate in 2010 and 2011, I am done with anything from the green weeeener.

12. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

I never got my rebate from Remington either, after I am out of Rem components, I am done with them.

Oscar

13. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

No Remington rebate? Do you toss everything that looks like junk mail? Remington rebate checks look like junk mail. You may have tossed your rebate.

14. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

If this pans out to be true Federal better have an extra boxcar or 2 full parked real close to Sparta. Ross Puls

15. T/T

T/T Member

If I use Claybuster fig 8 can I still be part of the boycott?

16. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Yeah , me too. I think I`ll throw all my cases of reloaded STS shells away and the 2 tubs of unloaded hulls also. That will show them . May even put the grade 6 up for sale !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.