1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got my 2 yrd reduction

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pigeon101, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

Got a 2 yard reduction yesterday. That takes me from the 23.5 yrd line to the 21.5 yrd line. Not sure if I am going to take this, still hsven't decided.
    One one hand I should, on the other hand I will probably be right back were I was in a few shoots. Will you take the reduction if you get one?

Jason in PA

2. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

Just because it says so on the ATA web site does not mean you have it. It has to be approved by your Delegate or CHC first.Read the rules.

Terry Dean CHC

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

that would suck...

4. DON1911

DON1911 Member

Question, You can't use the yardage on ATA web site UNTIL YOU HAVE A REVIEW CARD IN YOUR POSSSESSION ? I,m I correct?? DDON1911

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Take the reduction, I went from the 21 to the 18 in 6 weeks. All I have to do is just shoot singles for handicap practice. Keep the gun the same, There is some "real" money out there for the gamblers. The Fl chain,Dixie grand & the Southern Grand will be very interesting this year--with all the new 18 yd shooters--

Phil Berkowitz

6. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Don't take it, better gun handling where you are now, all else being equal, hence higher scores.

7. rick979

rick979 Active Member

Pigeon101 said: " On one hand I should, on the other hand I will probably be right back were I was in a few shoots."
    If you REALLY think you could shoot good enough to get 2 punches in the next couple of shoots why would you consider not taking the reduction? If you are that confident why not aim for the 27?

8. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Terry, could you direct me to the rules you are referring to.

This is what the shootata.com site stated:

"Two yard reduction details and information
    A special, one time, two yardage reduction is being offered by the Executive Committee to any paid member whose handicap average is under the break point of their zone.
    Your next review will be processed as normal, after another 1,000 handicap targets.

To refuse this reduction please visit the Online Yardage Refusal Form.

For further information or help please contact:

Kathy Key
    937 / 898-4638 ext. 516
    kkey@shootata.com"

John

9. crossman

crossman Member

GREAT STATEMENT: If this rule is not applied equally and the delegate has a say in my reduction, then the game is rigged!

10. Pipe Layer

Pipe Layer Well-Known Member

I don't have time at the moment to look the rule up but it is in the rule Book . It refers to the ATA site showing reductions and the ability to use the site for reductions.It states that if it shows a reduction on the site and you show up at shoot and it is listed upon classification but you have not received it in paper form it must be approved by a CHC member or your Delegate. Not exact wording but the just of it.

TD

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Finally the EC also provided that on a one time basis all shooter whose purified Handicap
    average below the “trigger point” for each Zone (Eastern, Southern, Western, Southwestern Zone are currently 90.0% Central Zone is 91%) will be offered a 2 yard reduction subsequent to review by the Zone CHC member and the Delegate. For this one time offer all computer codes excepting “L” codes will be removed.
    Purified Average -Handicap average with up to 2 scores 10% below the shooters average tossed out Trigger Point - the average that triggers an offer of a reduction on the normal 1,000 target review if the shooters purified average fall below that number Shooters may 1) accept the 2 yard reduction, 2) accept a 1 yard reduction, or 3) refuse the reduction entirely

F. SPECIAL HANDICAP RULES
    1. A shooter must continue to shoot from the last yardage assigned or earned until he/she receives a new Average Card with his or her reduced yardage indicated on it. The ATA Shooter Information Center may be used as evidence of a reduction with verification by a member of the Central Handicap Committee, a voting member of the Executive Committee or the shooters State or Provincial Delegate. Electronic Printed Average Cards will be accepted when available from the ATA Web Site.

12. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

For all you who got a yardage reduction.

13. Libra1310

Libra1310 TS Member

I am relatively new to competitive shooting. After a year I just started shooting 2 eyes. My goal is to get as close to the parking lot as possible. I WANT to be there, it's an honor if nothing else to be there. I would never take a reduction. If it takes me 20 years I will be there.

Chris

14. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

For those with a PITA card, don't you still have to shoot from the longest yardage ( PITA or ATA)?? What have you gained??

Tomas

15. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Yes, you still have to shoot from your longest yardage.

Just ask your State PITA Delegate if they will reciprocate.

I'd expect your handicap average to be similar in each organization.

Doesn't hurt to ask.

16. mx8dave

mx8dave Member

Tomas ,yes you still have to shoot from your longest yardage at this time ,I talked to Mr. Fenton today whom is our Washington State handicap chairman ,He said the executive committee may meet to discuss this ,I might take my ATA two yards to the twenty -four and a half,however ,I will still have to shoot at twenty six yards because of the PITA MX8Dave,,,D.Lang

17. pigeon101

pigeon101 Member

Rick979 I made it to the 25yrd line in 2006. Dind't shoot a hole lot of hdcs
    in 2008-2009, hard times then. Took a 1 yrd reduction in 2010. Shot 1200 targest and took another reduction in 2011. 1 month after the reduction I got a 1/2 yard with a 96 to put me at the 23.5. Now that I am shooting more, alot more. I don't think yardage increases will be a problem with me again. The 27 is the goal everyone should have. I did shoot some penalty yardage from the 27 in 2008-2009. But thanks for ur vote of confidunce.

Jason in PA (Thats Pennsylvania)

18. SeldomShoots

Thanks Terry,

I guess this is my question, I want to shoot registered tomorrow. At the big shoots, classification staff always look at the computer for class and handicap. Do I shoot from current yardage with current card or reduction yardage as shown on the computer? What are the possible penalties either way?

John

Nevermind, D.Lang's post answered my question. Thanks all.

19. SeldomShoots

Thanks Terry, I want to shoot registered tomorrow and wasn't sure how to handle handicap classification.

John

20. TjayE

TjayE Member

Does any one know when we will get our new ATA card with the 2 yards reduction. Hope it will be in time for the Dixie Grand in Florida.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.