1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got misunderstood today at the NJ Grand

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Dougbbbb, Jul 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Shot a 97 today in caps( high gun first 100) and won 157.00 Bob Malmstedt shows up shoots a 95 and gets 257.00.

I love the lewis.

2. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Why? Did he play some options that you didn't?

Rich in Indiana

3. Dougbbbb

No. We both played the Lewis for the first 100.

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

I would have had some questions. I'm not aware of a Lewis that works that way (unless someone else had the same score you did).

Rich in Indiana

5. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Ties divide so he probably had to split the 1st place money.

Eric

6. Dougbbbb

I wish I understood it too. I had a 97 Ron Sutton had a 96 and there was two 95 with one of the 95,s not playing the Lewis.

7. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

That would be a very strange Lewis indeed.

Rich in Indiana

8. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

You shot a good score and won some money, save your sour grapes for worse times.

9. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

It's not strange if it was a "Modified Lewis" (35% & 65%).

What did the program list?

Get back to us with your findings.

Curt

10. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Doug , are you sure you hit the 97 alone or was there a split of the pot ? Bob could have hit his 95 by himself . Sounds like the only sinario ?? If they made a mistake then it should be corrected . Still waiting for them to post the scores for today . Hey , Mallard members did well there this weekend . You , John Longo , Steve Ottrando and Greg Mensoff . How did Ken McCallen do ? Too bad I didn`t get there to split it only more for you !!! You can Thank me back at the Club .

11. Dougbbbb

The question is why did a lower score pay more than a higher one... Idiot... Not why I played it..

12. Tom Ruble

Tom Ruble TS Member

Dougbbbb, That is exactly how the Lewis Class works, what it was designed for. I have often seen a lowly 85, all by itself, pay more than a 98 which was tied several times. Once one learns how the Lewis Class system works, along comes understanding why lower scores sometime pay more than higher scores. I don't think you got "robbed". Break 'em all! Tom Ruble

13. Dougbbbb

TY for the intelligent response. I was very happy to win anything at all. I guess people just don't understand a little sarcasm once in a while..

P.s. The 97 stood all alone it was not tied..

14. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

Dougbbb, you don't understand how the Lewis works and you really should understand something before you get on the internet and tell the world that you got robbed.

First, it was a Modified Lewis – divided 3 classes.

Second, the program defines that option as: MODIFIED LEWIS - All purses listed in the program as “Modified Lewis” will be divided as follows:

35 percent of total Purse will be paid to top 2 scores, and will be divided 60-40 percentage.

65 percent of total will be divided into 3, 4, or 5 Lewis classes,
    with one money each class. The third score will lead the second class.

So out of the money pool, you and Ron split 35% of the money. The other 65% of the pot was divided by the other 2 Lewis scores. Since Bob was the only shooter for the 2 second Lewis, he got 32 1/2 % of the pool (by himself) while you and Ron had to split 35% of the pool.

So the rules were/are very very clear and you really shouldn't jump out there and say "you got robbed". It would be more appropriate to say that you do not understand.

15. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Gary...it's really unfair to use proper facts when someone has such a great story going!!

Unbelieveable!!

Curt

16. dhip

dhip Active Member

That's the trouble with internet messages,can't see your face ,so can't see it was sarcastically said,or typed in this case. Maybe we should adopt a symbol prior to typing that would let people know it's sarcasim,not serious stuff..just an idea,I get in trouble all the time that way.I have a very DRY sense of humor,and sometimes when I try to use it online,it upsets people.

Doug H.

17. Dougbbbb

Gary

The original post was a play on words. I guess if I would of said I got bobed at the nj grand it would of been easier to understand. Bob, Bobby ,Rob,Robby,Robbed. It's hard to believe how many people have no sense of humor.

18. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I would have to conclude that Creative Writing 101 was an elective in your case.

Curt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.