1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got kicked out of a shoot-Not mad about it.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BMC, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BMC

BMC Member

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself Zara. I always have taken you for the raisen hell type :)

2. jackmitch

jackmitch TS Member

thats terrible did they spank you too? hope you beat the crap out of the weasel!on the trap line i mean of course.

3. Jim Brown (the puller)

Jim Brown (the puller) TS Member

I'm surprised they booted you. I DQ'ed a fellow at the Grand once for shooting ammo that he brought with him from home. The Executive Director came out, told him that his score would not count, but that he should enjoy the rest of the second hundred, and let the old gentleman finish what was essentially 200 practice targets. There was a caution to use the ATA ammo thereafter, but he was not booted.

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Jim Brown, I remember that guy, or one similar to him. Dave Bopp had his arm around the old guy explaining the rules. Seems the guy shot games and heard there was a big shoot so he came on in not knowing about the factory ammo requirement. I overheard him tell Bopp "I wondered why they gave me all that new ammo" He did get to finish the shoot but his scores were DQed.

5. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

So the lesson here for a rookie is to check where after every cap event to make sure thare's no punch?

Guy

6. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I was disqualified at the Grand for shooting 5 targets on the wrong yardage (1 yard further back than I should have been). I DO know the weasel that turned me. It was me. My error, my reporting and my disqualification. I own it all. If it happens again I will handle it the same way. Honest mistake and an honest solution by the tournament director. I was only disqualified for that event though. I wasn't asked to leave and was specifically told that I was welcome to shoot the rest of the events. Life goes on.

Bob

7. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Primed (Bob), My congratualtions, that's the way I was taught to compete. Hard but fair! No disgrace to call a foul on yourself, matter of fact I think you need to take pride in being honest. What satisfaction is there in winning, or even doing well, if you cheated to get there.

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Tell us, was it tough, moving back to the 19?

9. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

Sometimes even when you think you know the rules stuff happens. In a small State shoot last year I came in second place and got a punch. Friends called to tell me of the punch. It was announced and posted just after I left, so I didn't get my card punched at the shoot. I shot the next shoot from a yard further back.

I was double checking my records on the ATA site before a big shoot at PSSA in Elysburg and noticed the punch hadn't shown up. When I classified, I told them what happened and asked for confirmation. They checked their computer, saw the scores were posted properly, but not the punch. They said that as far as the ATA was concerned, I didn't earn a punch, and the events I shot from a yard further back were invalid. It didn't make a difference for that shoot because I had more than enough targets. However, if I had won one of those events, the win would have been disqualified as well.

10. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Mirage 1

I shot one post at the wrong yardage. It was when voice releases were quite new and the shooter ahead of me moved the mic on every post but this one. I learned very quickly to move my own mic from this incident.

Bob

11. amx guy

amx guy TS Member

Zara don't beat yourself up! I've never been kicked out of a ata event but a few bars!LOL Just all in fun know that's what it's all suppose to be about anyway! Having fun and doing are best!

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Primed Bob, salute'!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.