1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got in a shootoff!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MikeInNPR, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeInNPR

MikeInNPR Member

May 6, 2009
    And Failed!!! lol
    made it into my first shootoff in friday southern zone handicap only to have serious butterflies ruin my chances of even keeping it close. it was still a good time and will be a good story to tell, but sure would be a better ending if i brought home the win.
  2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    congratulations on a great experience!!
  3. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 1998
    This is why I think is is important to compete at a small level at local shoots as well.

4. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Jul 28, 2009
    You have to get there first then learn how to maintain your focus. Remember, you are there because today you are just as good as they are. My first shoot offs went the same way yours did. The three shoot offs I was in today went (Saturday, MTA Mason, MI) better. The difference? Years of experience. The more times you get there the better you will do.

Rich in Indiana
  5. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Sep 7, 2008
    As Mark Blundell, a very good auto racer, said: "you have to give one away before you can win one."

Not sure how that applied to Michael Schumacher, but it held true for Blundell.

You had your taste of the next level, so you'll probably be back.
  6. maka

maka Member

Nov 23, 2009
    In future do not worry about other shootes scores. Your main goal is to break every target that comes out of the house. Great effort and good luck in future.
  7. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Congrats on your shoot off. Means you are competitive and the butterflies deminish a little over time. (Very Little) ha ha!

Best thing that happened to me is both my wife and my son got in a shoot off for handicap over the weekend at Owattona, MN. Both ran 25 straight and won. My wife (CalamitySJ) has been in shoot offs before and they didn't always go well. The soot balls those two produced were amazing.

They had a good coach, but alas, coach was on the side lines soaking up the sites! Apparently the coach doesn't head his own words. Not a nicer site to be had I can assure you, then to watch your family members shooting off. Don't know who was more nervous. I would guess me because those two were sure zoned into the task at hand.

Keep shooting those targets one at a time and I hope to share the front line some day with you also for the "Shoot off". Lots of fun! Hats off to you.

Primedust aka: Coach
    Mark Stevens
  8. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Just think of it as free targets..therefore, you have already won and what will happen will happen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.