1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got Freon?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bisi, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

You ever buy something then get home and wonder why you purchased the item?

I was at "Rural King" yesterday and they had R134a Freon on sale for $4.99 a 12 ounce can. Dam I thought - that's a great deal. Well I tossed a couple of cases into the cart.

On the way home I calculated that with what I have at home and these 2 news cases and the rate I'm now using it I have close to 10 years of Freon!

Now that I think about it maybe I should have .................. On one hand you can't have too much but do I really need a 10 year supply?

Got Freon?

2. WesleyB

WesleyB Well-Known Member

It will not do anything except go up on price....buy now or pay out the nose later

3. goony

goony Active Member

That is a good price, here in St.Louis it is about $15.99 a can. I bought a case about 5 years ago for $30.00, 12 cans. I had to use some last week and i was glad I bought it when I did. It won't go bad as long as the cans don't rust and leak.

Mike

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

Hey Bisi - did you pick up an extra gross or two of the "old style" light bulbs while you were there?

I kin sell ya some, if ya need 'em.

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

"Old Style" makes light bulbs? Is that the brand they use to light Wrigley Field? I've drank their beer while visiting that ballpark. Every concession stand carries "Old Style". Can't say as I'm a big fan of their product. Their light bulbs can't be much better than their beer as they still play the fewest night games of any team.

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

What happened to the hole in the Ozone?

7. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Might be a good idea to stock up while it's cheap, all refrigerant have gone up a bunch

The EPA curtailed the production of 22 the one that most houses use by 45% this spring the price quadrupled in a week, it has come down slightly but still about three times what it was last year

In 2007 Carrier had a special on 22 and I bought all they had, pissed off a bunch of other dealers but oh well, I still have about 3000 lbs, might sound like a lot but some of the machines we work on it would even fill them all the way full

And the feedstocks (as they call them) for all the blends are now coming out of China, so they will have us by even more short hairs if it gets ugly

8. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

And I still have 12 ounce R12 I bought years back.......and a couple of cans where the R12 freon escaped captivity leaving me with an empty sealed can. I also have part on a 15 pound cylinder of R12 and one of R22. I do keep a few cans of 134A but usually less than 5. Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.