1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got bored and built this

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Diesel Smoke, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diesel Smoke

Diesel Smoke Member

This gun started life as a field grade Beretta 3901 I have been using for turkey hunting for a while. A friend of mine asked me to come help with the AIM program he's starting, so I built this gun so I could get back into occasional shooting.

I started with the the stock and some 80 grit sand paper, roughed it up, built a palm swell and raised the comb and canted it to the right with bondo. This took a few days to get where I wanted it.

dieselsmoke_2009_19019.jpg

Next, I painted the stock and forearm with some Dodge metallic silver I had from working on a Dakota.

dieselsmoke_2009_190110.jpg

and here it is assembled, If you look close, you can see the raised rib I'm getting machined for it as well. I'm new to auto guns for trap, so if anyone has any tips to make this thing a bit better, I'm all ears.

dieselsmoke_2009_190112.jpg

Smokey

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

With that high of a rib, aren't you going to have to raise the comb a bunch? Fun project. Mark

3. Diesel Smoke

Diesel Smoke Member

I'm getting the rib machined shorter, that was the only piece of aluminum I had that was the correct thickness. I'm also building my own adjustable but pad for it. I'll post up more when I get things done on it. Thanks for the input guys.

Smokey

4. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

I love it! I did my BT99 my own way, I get mixed comments butits mine and I outshot most of them with it.

Have fun its yours!!!!!!!!

Jerry

5. Diesel Smoke

Diesel Smoke Member

LOL thank ya. It's definitely not as pretty as my old 682 Gold E, but this gun is lighter, and won't mess with my shoulders as bad.(surgery on right shoulder for torn labrum, and a freshly torn rotator cuff on the left). I could have taken a lot longer and made it smoother and nicer, but it'll do.

Smokey

6. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

looks like a long stroke top fuel or sportsman engine parts. aluminum rod and short skirt piston. what is that from

7. Diesel Smoke

Diesel Smoke Member

HA HA HA, I was wondering when someone would comment on that. The parts there are for a 632BBC we're building for a friend of the family that runs the stick shift class here. His old motor was a 525, and the fastest pass with it was an 8.39, we are shooting for 7.9x with this motor. We have a few other projects going on as well, including a 73 pinto with a 406 sbc that should run 5.80's in the 1/8th once we get the suspension set right.

Smokey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.