1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got beat with a 99 in D class

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Yep, i allmost won my first shoot today at Cardinal Center with a 95 in 16 yard event. Got beat by a 99 in D class. Figure that???????? Love my Blaser. Oh well maybe next time. Cardinal Center is a first class operation to shoot. The best i have been to. Shoot good.

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

good score, be proud of it. And break them all tomorrw

3. smsnyder

This is were i disagree with the class system on 16 yard events. The guy who shot the 99 should now be in A or AA Class and I Should be in B Class since shooting ability has been proven. But the rules don't work that way. 16 yard events are only on averages. If i am wrong correct me. The guy who shoot 99 today can still stay in D Class as long as his average is below 80? Correct?

4. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

D class is 88% to 90% and under depending on the number of classes.

Eric

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Double check. Most often, if you win in a lower class your advanced a class for the remainder of the shoot. CC may be different than most...shooting ability is not and should not be determined by a solitary score...

6. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Hard to believe something like this could happen at Cardinal Center. I thought it was always clear skies and gentle breezes, and nothing untoward ever happened.

7. smsnyder

Were does the( proven ability thory come in?) You got a guy in D who shoots a 99 and he is still D class after this shot based on averages. You got me with a 95 in D CLASS who will stay a D Class shooter based on averages. By the ATA RULES I see a huge hole in that system that has a huge impact on new shooters trying to win in D class etc. It is tough pulling in new shooters when they see you allmost have to be perfect in this game to win.

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Earl,

Tomorrow, go in to the classification desk and tell them you want to be in A class based on what you shot today. You never know, they just might accommodate you.

9. smsnyder

Sunny skies, light breeze, golf cart, lawns are perfect, lots vendors, Bunker Trap, Sporting Clays, Archery Course , SWIMMING POOL, life is good. LOL

10. smsnyder

v10 it don't matter. You Must break 99 in D,B,C,A,AA.AAA. 16 Yards is getting boring. To must stress. If that guy with the 99 goes to AAA, i'll go to A. Just following the rules. LOL

11. BigM-Perazzi

Ok snyder, I'm missing something here... your averaging his scores based on ONE score? is that right? Your talking about Larry Ling Jr, right? Geez, he's got an 85.5% average on 1000 targets.... THATS his average... BTW, did you also shoot a 99 the following day? or was that another Snyder...

How many damn 90+ scores have YOU shot this year? shall we check? I bet it's a bunch more than poor ol' Larry Ling your bitchin' about...

get a life...

12. smsnyder

BigM perazzi, never met the person but that's not the point. The guy shot great and so did i in D class today. Both of us should be moved to a higher class. My point is that once you break AAA scores you have proven your ability until the NEXT 1000 Target review.It should not be allowed that a D class shooter who shoots a 99 can continue to shoot in D Class based on averages. The ABILITY has been PROVEN.

13. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Earl,

There's nothing you can do about the other guy.

But since you've "proven your ability" you should do the right thing and get re-classified. Otherwise, your argument doesn't hold water. Either man up and get re-classified, or give it a rest.

14. smsnyder

V10, what class should i put myself in with a 95?

15. BigM-Perazzi

BS snyder... all it shows is, like everyone else, you can put up a score once in a blue moon...and snyder, there is NO 1000 target review for singles... take the time to read your rule book... it's online for your convenience...

That's why there called averages... if you don't like it, try sporting clays...

and nice of you not to include your 99 in the aforementioned conversation...

Take the time to think, if one score decided shooting ability, there would only be one class AAA..... because eventually, everyone is going to shoot a great score once....

have fun with Leo every day...in Triple A

16. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

I already told you, A class.

Trust me, you'll feel better.

17. smsnyder

BigM perazzi. There has to be a review in 16 yard classes

18. smsnyder

V10 you made my night. LOL

19. BigM-Perazzi

Well snyder, that's a new one.. I guess your going to have to take the time to tell me where in the 96 pages or so of the rule book it ever states a 1000 target review for singles... I've been wrong before, and I'd really like you to help me out on this......

20. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Gonna pipe up here - I ask to be classed A or AA. Period. Inspite of the fact that changing to 2 eyed moved back down to a D-C level. I wasn't that good before(grin), but I've shot some decent scores, and I believe my known ability is in that region. Anyway - I have to shoot there to win anyway, so I might as well.

I do believe that the 16 yd handicapping system is broke, and needs some attention. It is far to easy for people to shot in Fall Winter and anchor their average. The ability to sandbag the system destroys the respect it should have, and undermines bring new shooters into the game. Nothing is more discouraging than to go to your first shot, bang off an 86 an find out you made the cheap seats in D.

The 16 yd game has no respect because of the flaws in handicapping, and it needs to be addressed in some way to bring the game back to a more fairly balanced and accessible level.

Please flame me - I am expecting it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.