1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GOT BEAGLES?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by buck3200, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buck3200

buck3200 Well-Known Member

So how come I don't remember seeing any Beagle lovers? No wabbit hunter/hounddog people in these parts?

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Not much wabbit huntin' anymore.

3. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

No wabbits around now ,bird dogs are something to behold

4. gch

gch Member

Beagles are the greatest! We have a red beagle, house pet not a hunter. Her name is Katie (real name is K-80) grandson thought I was talking about the pup when we first got her and I was talking about my K-80. We settled on Katie. The Bulley's must have had a similiar experience, huh? This Katie has never met a stranger in her 4 years.
    Court Haning-Ohio

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Unloader, I thought I had the greatest Beagle in the world. Now you're claiming you do? WTH? LOL

6. buck3200

Mine aren't hunters either,but they do give the squirrels,possums,and coons in Downey Cal. are hard time.My neighborhood is FULL of dogs,but none can make the noises mine can!!!

7. primer

primer TS Member

If you want a real hound buy a Basset. 45 lbs of love and a real rabbit hater.

8. buck3200

Although my Dew (short for Dueteronomy...10 points who knows were I got that for a dog) has AKC papers and all,but I think some Basset is in the past. 40lbs. of muscle! Jasper is just tan and white with ticking like a coon hound.

9. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

[​IMG]

Here is one for you he is the Grand Poo Ba of the Ranch his name is Jake my wife and I do love Beagles he is our pale and companion.. Pat.k.

10. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

Here's our beagle. She is now 10 years old. This was my wifes and my 1st baby. We got here 1 month before we got married. Now we have our 10 year old pup, 5 year old son and 1 1/2 year old daughter.

Our family is complete.

[​IMG]

11. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

12. WindyCity

WindyCity TS Member

I had to put this up. This was our first childs Christmas card.

It was too funny! Santa's little helper.

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Ya gotta love'em

14. Hunter1978

Hunter1978 Member

My friend of almost 16 years. Bingo Passed away of cancer last 4th of july. I had him almost half my life and still miss him every day.

15. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

This is Taz our "Couch Beagle" (retired) Sadly we had to have him put to sleep today. He was 13. I am very sad.

<a href="http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s121/n8ies/?action=view&current=m_PICT0158.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

This is my buddy Zeus, he likes to go to the shoots in Mason and Durand with us.

<a href="http://s151.photobucket.com/albums/s121/n8ies/?action=view&current=m_PICT0213.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

16. buck3200

Tom-n8ies, so sorry for your loss. Your Zues looks much like my Dew. Whats he weigh in at ?

17. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

Thanks for your condolence, at least he is not suffering anymore. (he was in great pain)

Don't know for sure I would say 35 LBS. He is about 15.5 inches tall too tall to run in the trials so I tried to make him my bird dog (he handles like a bird dog) but he likes rabbit smell better.

tom

18. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

We had a beagle my dad, facetiously, named 'Searchlight'. He couldn't sniff out a wabbit to save his life. Good pet with a funny ha-ha personality though.

19. andybull

andybull Active Member

My neighbor uses them for Coon hunting, he is sometimes seen around the neighborhood hunting his Beagles down the morning after.

20. romie

romie Active Member

We hunt rabbits every weekend in February.Lots of rabbits the dogs run all day.We have shot as many as sixty rabbits in a day but we had a lot of hunters.Now four or five hunters will collect ten or twelve rabbits.A lot of Beagles are not people dogs.They are very shy and do not want to be caught.But they love and I mean love to get in a rabbit race.
    tallie ho or something like that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.