1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got a New Gun Going into Training with it

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Got a new gun going into training when I get the reciever and stock back, having Double Release Triggers being intalled and stock shortened and cut to Zero Pitch, all work being done at the Grand American.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Are you there at the grand?

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Go get'em Gary!!

4. trapshooteraa27aa

trapshooteraa27aa Well-Known Member

5. Dr.Longshot

calkid yes if they get the releases in my gun in time.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

I am waiting breathlessly in anticipation to find out how high, what make, what protector shells you develop etc! Please update asap! Tom Rhoads

7. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I'd like to say high Gary. Send me a pm. I am squad 269 , 10th flight out.

Bryan

8. Dr.Longshot

Got the rest of the gun back complete w/double release triggers, First thing I did was cut the stock to my LOP 14 1/4"inches and then put a Nickle in the stock bolt hole so #6 shot would not plug up the Allen head stock bolt annded some more Change to occupy space and then added #6 shot for weight and a final Nickle before putting recoil pad back on.

Proceeded to the shoot Friday night for it's debut, It feels good when you see the smoke from the breaks again.

It did OK in the shoot offs but it needs some more concentration on the shooters part. The new gun is a CAESAR GUERINI CHALLENGER COMBO 34'INCH UN SINGLE AND 32"INCH OVER UNDERS. Have not shot the o/u yet, saving them for the pigeons up the road from my sons.

I need it to get to the point that the SILVER SEITZ was, then all will be OK.

It the CG and I will be shooting at the Cardinal this week on some events.

I do have this to say on the new Caesar Guerini Trap Stocks, they are not as tall as the early Caesar Guerini's, The tall rib needs a taller stock for the average shooters physique, I think they are using one stock for both rib heights, the Impact Rib Is lower.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

9. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

what did you do with Blaser stock lock assembly?

good luck with the Caesar.

Dave

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I see that you just tore them up at the Grand again this year. You are still perfect.

Don

11. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new one Gary, hope to shoot a round with you this week. Got a new one myself.

Ain't my fight but just gotta ask big don who's name is on the brick?

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Yak you just got into the fight. Whose life or shooting ability is based on 25 30 yard targets. Who got thier butt beat on the 25 old fashion trap targets?? What brick, Longsh?t told them to smash the brick as he didn't want it.

I take some crap from Longsh?t and Auctionear because they don't know any better but you profess to be of higher inteeligence and therefore I will not take your crap. You go ahead and shoot with LS and you will have the honor of shooting with a grumpy old man who can just about count his friends on one hand.

Rant on.

Don

Don

13. Dr.Longshot

Ask Big Don what shell speed he shot on the 25 yard targets, they were supposed to be 1200fps shells like in the old days. Will he be honest and give the true speed.

They then told me after I got my shells the shooter could pick his own shells.

I stayed w/the 1200 fps shells, but my WIN MARGIN from the 30 yard line was substantial and overcame the stronger 1250s of Big Don FROM THE 25 YD LINE.

Big Don jumps on so many people on trivial things who are looking for a true answer, and he BEING AN ALL AMERICAN DISGRACE. to all other all americans that have charachter and honor where he has none.

His shooting ability is no way near mine, regardless what I shoot.

But the New Caesar Guerini Challenger is coming along fine.

Someone asked if I was going to name it, the Seitz was my WHUP ASS GUN, I will call this one THE CHALLENGER.

It would be a disgrace to have a Michigan Shooter on Ohio Hall Of Fame Walkway
    like Big Don, A disgrace to All Americans who have honor and Charachter.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

14. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Here we go again!

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Oh brother....

16. Dr.Longshot

THE GAUNTLET IS THROWN DOWN, WHAT DO YOU WANT TO SHOOT, 27 YARD DOUBLES, OR 25 TARGETS FROM THE PARKING LOT, IF WE HAD A GOOD LOCATION I WOULD SHOOT 16 YARD TARGETS W/A 22 RIFLE USING ROUND NOSE AMMO / I DOUBT YOU EVER DONE THAT.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Longshit I tremble in my boots when I thing of your awesome shooting ability THEN I go to the ATA web site and check your scores. After I get up from rolling on the floor in laughter I stop and realize you are just a frustrated old man.

The shells for the shoot were ATA legal shells of your choice. Don't use the BS you didn't know because it was on here several times and discussed at the shoot. I believe you chose AA super handicaps (1250 fps) for your 30 yd. I by the way shot Fed. Handicaps (1230 fps) for both. The 25's using my old Model 12 vs your can't miss Seitz. Now if you have any more smoke please blow it out your rear portal.

You are not going to have to worry about making AA as you have to shoot more than 900 targets and some out of state.

So whine and cry on you sad little person.

Don

18. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Somebody need to go home and till his momma he got his ass whupped by a frustrated old man.

19. Dr.Longshot

All American that disgraces Real All Americans.

Big Don's 87% Vs Dr.longshots 91% Hdcp avg cry baby cry.

GB
    DLS

20. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Is this thread dated eight months ago? Someone grab Dysinger. Here we go again!

blade819

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.