1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got a Model 50 Win. Today...WOW!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ruck, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Picked up an EXTREMELY NICE Mod. 50 from a customer today.......I had sent the wood to Molly at Stu Wright's a while ago to have it recut/refinished for him and have been waiting quite some time for us to find a time to get together and put it back on the gun. He came to the shop today and said he'd decided to sell it and I bought it instantly. It's mint +.....probably shot a box or less of shells in it's life. 30" (about) barrel, full choke, vent rib. Blueing is 100%and wood is better than a new one ever was!! I think my Super X's are jealous!

Ken Rucker

2. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

What IS a Model 50??

3. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I'd be happy to share some pictures if someone wants to post them for me, Boy, simple is an understatement!!

Ken

4. Golden Beebe

Golden Beebe TS Member

Ken...

I'll post them for you. Email is above.

Matt

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Ken, email them to me and I'll post them for you? Remove the X

Here's mine, about the softest shooting shotgun I have!!

<a href="http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/HapMecTweaks/?action=view&current=model50005.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Happy Hap

6. Golden Beebe

Golden Beebe TS Member

Gene...

That is one good looking M50!

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Ok just making a post about 30 minutes ago and was going to say in it that I bet ole hap Mc Tweaks would like to see it because he bought one at the Middle town OH shoot a year or so ago when I was there and im sure it was the one in the photo above.

Well Ken it looks like you have enough offers to post them for us all to see I was going to offer also but the ones above can handle it for sure.

Of course im only an email away also.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/foghorn220/animals/Roosters/?action=view&current=407px-Leghorn.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foghorn220

8. Golden Beebe

Golden Beebe TS Member

Ken's Model 50...

<a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/bulldograce/?action=view&current=DSCN0137.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/bulldograce/?action=view&current=DSCN0136.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/bulldograce/?action=view&current=DSCN0135.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Between Gene and Ken I now have Model 50 envy!

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I have one too...Ken,..be real care cleaning inside by the back of the inside of the reciever where the bolt lug rails are...they are sharp as a razor...don't ask me how i know

10. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

LOL!!! I cut my teeth on an 1100, Calvin......the original slicer and dicer!! Thanks for the photo help, Matt!!

Ken

11. Hap MecTweaks

Thanks Matt! Ken, great looking model 50 you got there my friend! Foggy, same gun,the trap wood I bought here from "Hitapair" in Sept.06. Great guy to do business with I will add also! I use a music wire catcher on this one. The bolt handle rides too close to the receiver rail to use anything else without modifying it and I didn't want to do that. It really smokes a clay from all yardages and it's very easy on the shoulder! Hap

12. trap41

trap41 TS Member

I own A model 50 also, beautiful gun.... Learned how to shoot trap with it ... Winchester originally built on military specs.

I will never part with this Gun.

Model 12, Model 50 .. two of the greatest trap guns of all time.

13. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Hey, Hap.....been meaning to tell you.....I have a new twin spindle duplicator in the shop and am about to launch another phase of Speedbump Stockworks!! Looks like a Mod. 50 trap stock will be at the first part of the list!!!

Ken

14. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Another one I let get away - that and the M.70 customized to 7mm Rem. Mag, Kona wood, Leupold glass, another 70 in .257 Ackley, #3 weight barrel, Leupold, all weather stock, then the 1928 M.12, nickel steel, black diamond, and a few SX-1s but only one M.50. Oh well, long time too late now....breakemall....Bob Dodd

15. sako2115

sako2115 TS Member

I have a field grade Model 59 in similiar condition...at least 95%. Curious regarding the value...

16. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Nice Ken, so is that the original wood, just refinished? It is a trap?

17. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Yes, Steve, the original wood....checkering recut and refinished by Molly at Wright's Gunsmithing. It's a field gun for the present. One nice touch is the vent rib. I'm sure it was done for Winchester by Simmons.

Ken

18. Hap MecTweaks

Ken, check your email? Hap

19. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

Oh, I was in my "speed scanning" warp and thought Haps was it. Still nice, I've got a couple of 50's too.

I really don't know about Simmons, but wasn't too rare to have a 50 with a rib on it, both of mine do. Just field guns.

20. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

According to Scott Wright, it's a factory rib. Looks just like a donut post Mod. 12.

Ken

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.