1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got a letter from the U.S Health Services

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by porky, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. porky

porky TS Member

I just got a letter from the US Health Service and it says that I have been chosen along with more than 200,000 others to do a survey. They say that they are going to pay $30.00 cash for it. It is to be used for some statistical purpose. The letter also says that they will want to interview a couple of other people in my home. Well, for me, it's either the dogs or the ghosts of resident's past.

The trouble that they will find is that I don't do interviews and I definitely don't do survey's, whether the survey is by a person or a letter. I just throw them in the trash or not answer the door. I forgot to mention that the survey also tells me the person's name, but believe it or not, I can't make out their name and neither can anyone else.

It also says that I may chose not to do the survey, but no one else can take my place or the $30.00.

So my question is, has anyone else on here been lucky enough to recieve this survey request??

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

"SCAM" ........... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

If, per chance, it is the real deal you can bet that one of the questions will be to ask if you have guns in the house. Tell them to mind their own business and keep the $30.00.

Pat

4. porky

porky TS Member

I wonder if the majority of people that recieved this were people with guns that show up on an ATF file in Washington??

It would be just like them to do something like this.

I spoke to a doctor friend of mine who is aware of things like this survey and he said that he had not heard anything about it. I hope he is able to find out something.

I don't want to be on the end of a democtratic ploy to offset the "fast and furious " debacle somehow. Holder needs to be indicted over that.

5. willing

willing Member

About a year ago I received a request/offer to do a survey concerning my new HP printer. So I did what they wanted and I received full reimbursement for ink every three months. It amounted to just over $100 each time. Still using that free ink. Wish I could get another deal like that.

Bill

6. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

If it were a private company, I MIGHT participate., after some investigation.
    If it's from anything that smells like the US Gov't., I'd probably shred it.

FYI, the proper name is United States Public Health Service. Here's their website: http://www.usphs.gov/

If it's claiming to be part of the Gov't and is using an improper name that SOUNDS like it's legit, that, to me, is a dead give-away. Shred.

You could always call them and see if it's legit.

Gene in Illionois

7. porky

porky TS Member

It's the

U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services

Center for Behavioral Health Services and Quality

Rockville, MD 20857

It is conducted by the

Research Triangle Institute International

under contract to carry out this study for the US Dept of Health Services

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.