1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got a few hundred dollars a month to throw away???

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by bigdogtx, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Better be prepared for what is coming if hussein is reelected,,,,,,,,,Even if you do,,,,,,you ready for another/deeper current recession?????

http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/fiscal-cliff-expiring-tax-laws.aspx

Curious not much being talked about in the press regarding this.......

2. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

We are in a recession. there are only 2 ways out. a depression or recovery. saying a deeper recession is just renaming depression.

3. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

I have no problem with the payroll tax going back up because that's social security. The reduction was a gimmick that will cost us in the long run.

Steve Nunley

Albuquerque, NM

4. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

The payroll tax cut was the way Obama kept saying he cut taxes.

It was another lie, many believed and deprived millions from the SS fund.

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Steve and Rick,,,,,,you are SOOOO right,,,,,,to take in less funds to a program that is hurting and predicted to be broke in the near future is just asinine and shows that hussein has absolutely NO market sense......

Plus,,,,,get ready for the husseincare tax that comes in 2013-14.......

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

There's more at stake than just our economy..

Don't take the poll on who will win the presidency....its depressing.

When voting today remember these two things:

1. Not only we need to elect the right President but the right people in Congress and the House of Representatives.

2. "Mitt and Paul equals prosperity for us all".

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

UK Telegraph? Heck, those morons are still hoping we'll rejoin the British Commonwealth (and bail THEM out). LOL. They're so jealous of the US, their skin is green.

Bob Falfa

8. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Likes to Shoot -

I hope you are right on item #2 but I'm afraid prosperity may be a long time coming in any event. But I also agree Romney is our only chance of turning the ship to a better course.

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

The thing a lot of people aren't seeing is the fact that since they lowered the withholding for SS and Medicare is they are also lowering the amount they will get when they retire, have to pay that old piper someday

10. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

bigdog says , "to take in less funds to a program that is hurting and predicted to be broke in the near future is just asinine"

Glad you are able to reason that to a conclusion, welcome to reality. That is why cutting taxes does not get us to a balanced budget. SS and medicare tax money goes into the general fund with income tax receipts.

11. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

I believe that payroll taxes go into the social security pot not in the general fund with revenues from income taxes.

Steve Nunley

Albq., NM

12. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Steve, only on paper, in reality, the ss money is "borrowed" and goes down the same black hole.

13. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

I don't agree with you Johnny but perhaps you are correct. I believe the social security money is a separate trust fund managed by the social security administration; however, the Government "borrows" from this fund just about any time it has a surplus (when incoming money from payroll taxes and interest exceed payments).

Steve Nunley

Albq., NM

14. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

You're right Steve, at least that's the way it's supposed to work but we all know how Washington works

15. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

I believe it works the way it's supposed to work but I've never been happy about the "borrowing." After all, there are lots of people getting their social security checks every month. I'll bet there are many on this Site collecting, rightfully so.

Steve Nunley

Albuquerque, NM

16. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Steve, just telling you in ,simple terms ,how it works in reality. Every President from Roosevelt on has "borrowed" money from SS. Do a search on the subject.

17. NMULTRARUNNER55

NMULTRARUNNER55 Member

Johnny;

I don't have to do a search, thanks. All I said about the borrowing from the social security trust fund (a separate fund) was that I've never been happy about it.

Steve

Albq., NM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.