1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got a call back from State Rep about FOID

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Luckyman, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

To all that care!

I actually received a call back from Darlene Sengers office about the FOID issues we have here in IL....I sent an e-mail to Rep. Darlene Sengers attention a couple days ago and she passed it along to IL Representative Connolly who is now looking into it. I actually received a call from Rep. Connolly's office yesterday stating this is going to be addressed for whatever it's worth...At least it seems like my voice is being heard where it goes we shall see.

BTW...I now have my FOID and it's good for 10 years but that still doesn't change the fact that if I misplace or lose my FOID there is no back-up system to validate that I am legal while I am waiting for my replacement....

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

There may be no back up system in place, but copy the card and keep a spare in the vehicle or in your shooting bag. It may not be legally sufficient, but it might play your way depending upon the LEO you run into and the infraction that caused them to ask for ID in the first place...

Representative Mike Connelly (IL 48) is a good guy and shooting sportsman representing the east half of Naperville, Lisle and a piece of Bolingbrook...

IDEA... secure a list from Senger of the members of IL Congressional Sportsman's Caucus - all sate reps and senators are required to have FOID to belong... push that entire group to move on your cause...

regards all,

jay

3. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I will...Thanks!!

4. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Good for you getting a hold of your state rep. More people should contact their state representatives and congress men or women. You would be surprised how many replies you get. Congrats for getting something worthwhile going. Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.