1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got a back tune up

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Got surgery on my back yesterday. In the operating at 7:15 , home 11:00 . So far so good pain level very minimal. Restrictions for the next two weeks. With luck it will mean a real difference in life style & my shooting ability.

Phil Berkowitz

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I had a laminectomy & a discectomy on L3 & L4

Phil Berkowitz

3. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

You should be back up & shooting just in time for the Grand.......See you there!

4. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

They do remakable work now a days. I had L5-S1 laminated back in 1984 by both a Neorosureon and an Orthopedic Doctor at Princeton Hospital in NJ. Both were excellent doctors by the way. Spent 7 days in the hospital, 6 days in bed, 2 weeks to walk upright, couldn`t walk up-hill for the first 2 months and lost 6 months of work. I know of others lately who had the same as mine done and they are back to work in 4 weeks. I was in sheetmetal work so no way could I have produced a good days work after what I went thru. Back then, they just handed you a sheet of paper with the excersizes that you had to do, but now they enforce the need to go to a rehabilitation clinic until they release you. Makes more sence now then back in the old days.

5. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Just had the home health nurse drop by & change my dressing. The PT person will be by tomorrow. The nurse said my discomfort should be at max over the weekend--take the Lortabs.

Phil Berkowitz

6. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I hope you get the results you're looking for Phil.

7. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Got the job done by Dr. Frank Bono---Gulfcoast spine---the villages Fl, his associate Dr. Ronzo is senior--they are rated No. one in Fl & Np.5 nationwide. I've been researching this job for 10 years.

Phil Berkowitz

8. goony

goony Active Member

I had that same surgery in May of 2001 and the recovery was about 5 weeks. I felt great. Be careful in the future with lifting and bending. May 5th of last years I was lifting more than I should have been and I blew out what was left of the disc. This resulted in fusion surgery and a staph infection. I had a 3rd surgery to correct the staph infection and it crippled me.

Good luck,

Mike

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Wow, the pain is starting to kick in-feels like cramps in the quads . Hope it doesn't get much worse.

Phil Berkowitz

10. Ronnie

Ronnie TS Member

Phil having exact same surgery in the morning how long did the tell you no trapshooting. Gary

11. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

For the future, all discs repaired will limit the rest of your back with limitations . More compression when carrying anything heavier than you body can handle will result in more damage to the next veritibrie so be carefull for the rest of your life or you will be back supporting the orthopedic doctors another time or two . Since my L5-S1 operation the upper L4-L5 is bulging . I will live with it until the end !!! If there is a way for you to stretch to relieve the pressure then do it or you will be in pain or spending your time on TS.com . Good Luck .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.