1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Got a $2 bill - trapshooter

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bisi, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

When I was traveling a lot I would use $2 bills for tips, mostly given to the valet parking goons. Anyway everytime I go to the bank I ask if they have any $2 bills and if they do I buy them.

Does anybody remember that before the last year of the Grand in Ohio, someone on ts.com made the suggestion that we say goodbye to Dayton by paying for small items in convience stores, fast food places, bars, etc. with $2 bills?? We were to write something like: trapshooting, trapshooter $, ATA, shooter.... on the bill. It was to show all the businesses what money they wouldn't be getting the next year.

Well anyway, guess what? I was at the bank and I got some $2bills. One of em had some writing on it, in red ink. Didn't pay much attention, until today when I was about to spend it. Well anyway upon closer look - in faded ink it had written on it - "trapshooting"

Wonder whose dollar I got?? I spent a few in Ohio that year, but I'm pretty damn sure it isn't mine. I think I wrote ATA on one side of the ones I gave out and just trapshooter$ on the other.

I had forgotten all about it, till today.

Kinda intersting. Who knows it mighta been spent at the "Living Room Lounge" LOL Some trapshooter trying to pass a $2 off as a $20 to get a little more action. LOL

2. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

The last time I used a 2bill they had to call the manager to see if it was real, kids thought it was counterfit...

Cool story too bad you didnt get bills with red seal on it they are woth a few bucks.

Take care have fun!!

Jerry Lewis

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Many years ago the St Joe Indiana GC gave out $2 bills for game prizes. I have a few that I saved.

4. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

I remember when I used to go hunting with my dad when I was 12. (some 28 years ago. To me the best part was the motel we stayed at always had $2 bills. I thought it was great to get a couple to bring home. That and they had a Dairy queen next to it that my dad would take me for a foot long hotdog after a long cold winter deer hunt.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Are the still made? I haven't seen one in many years.

6. Bertmuss

Bertmuss Member

One of the recyclers in town used to pay for alum. cans with $2. I still get one every few days from customers. Most were 1978 series, but have seen a few with new dates. RM

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Got $20 worth at a local gas station many years ago . All new , consecutive numbers and never folded or in a wallet . These Indians or Pakistanians didn`t know what they were but I asked to buy them at face value as I save all Monies from different countries too but I still have them in my book . Like to see the changes in printing . I have the Canadian bills from 30 years and there is a big change in their currency 3 times over . I have some $3 bills from the Carribean Islands and $.50 bills too .

8. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Anyone ever see an $18 bill?

Years ago there was a counterfit ring out of Chicago who attempted to make funny money in the form of $20 bills. Someone screwed up and they ended up printing thousands of $18 bills. Not wanting to destroy them, the Chicago gansters thought they could pass them off to a dumb populace in the South. So, off they went to Alabama with the thought of putting these bills in circuation. A big black sedan pulled up to a country store a little ways from Mobile, Alabama and the seedy characters went into the store. One of them handed the store owner an $18 bill and asked for change. Without batting an eye he said, "Sure thang, 'yall want three sixes or two nines"?

9. Neal Crausbay

Neal Crausbay Member

Left a 100-peso Mexico bill as a tip in a restaurant in Montana back in the 80's. Don't remember the exchange rate back then but this would have been worth around $1-$2U.S. Glanced back at the table while paying out at the register and the waitress had picked it up and motioned for another waitress to come over. They both seemed real excited but obviously didn't have the least idea what they had.

10. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I like to do that also, went into Burger King gave the cashier (young girl) a couple $2 bills she went over & asked the manager if she could take $2 bills the manager looked at me with a big grin & told her it was OK. Ross

11. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Years ago Vic Reinders use to carry a small card that was printed that said something to the affect that he was a trapshooter. He left these cards with his money when he paid for items when he was shooting a tournament out of town.
    Steve Balistreri

12. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Neal I went to Mexico in 88 and the exchange rate that year was 2360 peso to the dollar. That rate did change rapidly so your 80 peso bill could have been worth more than you thought.

The older two dollar bills were used a lot by different military bases back in the day to let the locals remember just how much money was put into the local economy when there was incidents of conflict going on. The air base in Rantoul Illinois would pay the air men in 2$ bills when the commander thought they needed a little boost to the locals negative feelings after things such as fights or auto accidents would make the news. I haven't seen a bank hand one out for change in I don't know when. Been a long time for me. Dan

13. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

The tooth fairy brings them to my kids when they lose a tooth..

14. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

A real good story. I use two dollars bills for tips when I take a trip. I went to the bank and got a bunch of new ones. Took them to a friend that had a print shop and have them padded with stick em on the back like a scratch pad. When we left a tip we just pulled out the wad and tore a couple off the top. Boy did we get the looks and people asked if they were real. it is really funny when you do that. motordoc

15. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

senior smoke, I remember going to the fall shoot in Missouri one year and a guy had a handful of "business" cards that he was passing out. The card had a pile of broken clay targets on it and a sentence or two about the sport of trapshooting. We were suppose to leave em with our tip after dining out in restuarants. I thought that was a great idea.

I'm just wondering if this $2 bill I discovered yesterday with the word "trapshooting" on it was spent at the last Grand in Ohio? What was that 5 or 6 years ago?

16. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I use to work in a road side store. When the trailer park kids would come in I would give them in their change a Susan B anthony coin. As they were going out the door I would say "COUNT YOUR CHANGE". They would say I trust you. I then would say again "COUNT YOUR CHANGE". They would do so and then count it again and then notice the SBA coin. WHATS THIS???? Its a dollar coin. OH Then thye would leave. Had alot of fun with that. LOL

My father had the farm tractor worked on and the guy who ws working on it was an A.H. Anyway he wanted a bank check or cash. I said "you want cash you will get cash". I went down to the bank and got all the $2.00 bills they had and $5.00 bills. Mixed them all together in a sealed bank bag. The other bag I had SBA coins and quarters with pennies and dimes mixed in. All were mixed together with out bans or rolles. It was 3 bags worth of money. I then timed things just as the banks were closing. He tried to refuse the money even tho they were sealed by the bank. He then opened one bag to see if it really had the money in i andf then tried to refuse it again. "YOU OPENED THE BAG AND NOW YOU WILL TAKE THE PAYMENT. HOW DO I KNOW IF YOU DIDN'T DROP SOME BEHIND THE DESK"? They took it and I got my receit to say I payed in full. They wanted to keep the bank bags and I said no you can't because I have to return them. They got a box and he dumped the bags in it. He them saw the SBA and $2.00 and $5.00 bills mixed together and just signed. I bit my lip to keep from laughing. I then waited across the street and boy did they run to the bank FAST. LOL.

Years later we had to have some other work done to the tractor and had someone come by and work on it. It turned out that he did work at the tractor place we used before. He said that they were mad as hell that I did that and they in the shop were laughing hard over it. As he put it the owner asked for it and got it. LOL. He all said he has never seen them run so fast ever to the bank.

17. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Many years ago, New York city employees were paid their overtime in $2.00 bills.

18. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I was`paid with 2.00 bills in the service during the 50s.

19. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

$2.00 bills were known as racetrack money,as $2.00 bets were very common a few years back. Just my 2 cents worth. Clyde

20. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

I am pretty sure it was mine after reading the part of:

"Kinda intersting. Who knows it mighta been spent at the "Living Room Lounge" LOL Some trapshooter trying to pass a $2 off as a $20 to get a little more action."

Kenny Uhlbeck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.