1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gordon Gun Co. shotgun...ever heard of it?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bob Griffith, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

I found in the back of my safe an old side by side I had forgotten I had. It is marked Gordon Gun Co., it's 12 ga. with hammers & double triggers. Anyone ever hear of this manufacturer? I think it was jsut an old time "shooter" so I am not thinking I have some collectable here. Just curious if anyone knows any thing about it.

Also have one marked American Gun Co. New York.....any thoughts on this one? Another old "shooter".

2. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

According to S.P. Fjestad's 29th Edition of the "Blue Book of Gun Values" page 169 it shows American Gun Co. with this comment: Previous trademark manufactured by Crescent Firearms Co. and distributed by H & D. Folsom Co. Revolver is shown as .32 S& W Cal 5 shot and SxS shotguns in various gauges from $100 to #240.

I couldn't find anything about the Gordon Gun Co.

Hope this helps.

Allen

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

This was posted on GunBroker.com

GORDAN GUN CO. "Trade Brand Name" shotgun. Three possibilities as to maker. If the name is just J. GORDAN the gun was made by Crescent Fire Arms Company of Norwich,CT If the name is GORDAN GUN COMPANY and the gun is a hammer double, it was made in Belgium by an unknown maker. Look on the bottom of the barrels for Belgian proof marks which are the letters "ELG" in an oval with a crown over that. And if the name is GORDAN GUN COMPANY MODEL 1908 and the barrels are marked FINE DAMASCUS, the gun was made by Hopkins & Allen. Don't know who sold it. In any case you say it's in rough condition, don't attempt to shoot it!

4. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

Thanks for the info guys. I don't plan on shooting either of these, was just curious as to their orign. I just dig them out once in a while to show somebody for a conversation piece. 1 was my father's & 1 was my father-in-laws, so are more of family keepsakes more than anything else. Merry Christmas!

5. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

A friend of mine, who recently passed away, collected old hammer doubles.

He said that most of those odd name guns were distributed by Folsom arms co.

I'd say the above info. is right on.

Probably a mail order or Hardware store gun.

Regards....Gerald

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
gordon damascus double barrel shot gun
gordon double barrel model 1906

gordon gun co

gordon gun company

gordon gun company ebay
gordon gun company fine twist side by side

gordon shotgun

manufacturing date of gordon double barrel shotgun