1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GOP Straw Poll - NC

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Hawk46, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

First of many polls we'll see, but two things disturb me here:

1. There is a significant gap between Huckabee and the other potential candidates.

2. Huckabee doesn't appear to be running.

We'll see how future polls run out, and there's a long way to go, but I'd sure hate to see Republicans end up being widely splintered on the selection of a candidate. Most will vote against Obamanation regardless who ends up running but we need a candidate who will swing some Dems and many independents.

I do wish Mike would throw in. I believe he could swing some votes, particularly Dems and independents of faith. I think a lot of Dems, particularly in the South, are now disenchanted with Obama and are looking for an alternative, even if it's in the form of a Republican.

Dave

Huckabee wins 2012 county straw poll in South Carolina Posted: April 2, 2011, 4:34 pm ET Washington (CNN) —

Mike Huckabee won a 2012 presidential straw poll conducted in a key South Carolina county Saturday. The informal vote was the first of many upcoming straw polls taking place this month at grassroots GOP gatherings across South Carolina, one of the four crucial early voting states in the presidential nominating process.Huckabee’s win Saturday occurred at the York County Republican Party convention. The former Arkansas governor won York County in the state’s 2008 presidential primary despite losing the overall contest to Sen. John McCain. York encompasses parts of the Charlotte, North Carolina suburbs and is one of the most populous counties in South Carolina. Huckabee, who has shown no signs of mounting a repeat presidential bid in the state, nevertheless won the vote with 23 percent of the 152 ballots cast, local GOP officials told CNN.

He was followed by former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who captured 11 percent of the vote.

Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann finished third with 10 percent.

(Trump, Pawlenty and Romney drew single digits)

2. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Right now I'm not too concerned about any poll, especially one with such a small sampling from one geographical area.

Personally, I hope that no one considering a presidential challenge against Zero declares for many months. Let's keep the Malignant Media guessing and prevent them from bringing out their machete until the last minute.

We need to change our strategy and incorporate more Alinsky Rules into everything political that we do, from here on out. Change has come, and we need to recognize it, AND react, and ACT on it, now!

IMHO,
    Kip

3. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

First of many polls we'll see, but two things disturb me here:

1. There is a significant gap between Huckabee and the other potential candidates.

2. Huckabee doesn't appear to be running.

We'll see how future polls run out, and there's a long way to go, but I'd sure hate to see Republicans end up being widely splintered on the selection of a candidate. Most will vote against Obamanation regardless who ends up running but we need a candidate who will swing some Dems and many independents.

I do wish Mike would throw in. I believe he could swing some votes, particularly Dems and independents of faith. I think a lot of Dems, particularly in the South, are now disenchanted with Obama and are looking for an alternative, even if it's in the form of a Republican.

Dave

Huckabee wins 2012 county straw poll in South Carolina Posted: April 2, 2011, 4:34 pm ET Washington (CNN) —

Mike Huckabee won a 2012 presidential straw poll conducted in a key South Carolina county Saturday. The informal vote was the first of many upcoming straw polls taking place this month at grassroots GOP gatherings across South Carolina, one of the four crucial early voting states in the presidential nominating process.Huckabee’s win Saturday occurred at the York County Republican Party convention. The former Arkansas governor won York County in the state’s 2008 presidential primary despite losing the overall contest to Sen. John McCain. York encompasses parts of the Charlotte, North Carolina suburbs and is one of the most populous counties in South Carolina. Huckabee, who has shown no signs of mounting a repeat presidential bid in the state, nevertheless won the vote with 23 percent of the 152 ballots cast, local GOP officials told CNN.

He was followed by former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who captured 11 percent of the vote.

Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann finished third with 10 percent.

(Trump, Pawlenty and Romney drew single digits)

4. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Right now I'm not too concerned about any poll, especially one with such a small sampling from one geographical area.

Personally, I hope that no one considering a presidential challenge against Zero declares for many months. Let's keep the Malignant Media guessing and prevent them from bringing out their machete until the last minute.

We need to change our strategy and incorporate more Alinsky Rules into everything political that we do, from here on out. Change has come, and we need to recognize it, AND react, and ACT on it, now!

IMHO,
    Kip

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

"Faith" is has no place in elections.

God obviously doesn't care a whit about the outcome of these things. He already showed you that once...and since you weren't paying attention, He's fixing to show you again.

I like Mike. But he will never be President. And neither will any Republican, this time. I said it before, and I'll say it again: we better be getting a _good_ woman ready to run against Hillary in 2016...one who can be elected (ie, Not Sarah Palin).

6. bt 99

bt 99 TS Member

OUT with any type of religon--

Romney will have us all in garments and paying 10% of our income plus taxes.

Hukbee spends time talking to Billy Grayham--vote for that---NOT.

The Donald Rules---. JMO- Steve

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

"The Donald" fraternizes with - and donates to - Democrats. Vote for that...NOT.

...but as I said, none of them has a snowball's chance in Hell, so I probably shouldn't be wasting my time.

8. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

99, whatever happened to "one nation under God?"

Right now it looks more like one nation "under Muhammed."

I'm not a particularly religious man, but the fact that Huckabee was a Baptist preacher doesn't bother me. He's a conservative thinker with views that align with mine on the major issues. Getting some moral values into the Presidency is a bad thing?

Buzz, I don't concede anything to the Obamanation. I'll be behind whoever the GOP decides to run. If we get four more years of Democrats the country will be fried anyway, 2016 won't matter. I'm not contributing to its demise by giving up.

Dave

9. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

It is way to early to get any sense of who is and who is not running let alone who the front runner may turn out to be. I hope it is not another Rino like Huck or Pawlenty. Newt has too much baggage but would rip Obama apart in every debate. Bachmann,Pence or Rubio would be awesome as his vice candidate.

10. capulona

capulona TS Member

Hawk46: Jesus' God and Mohammed's God is the same God.

It's the religion that is different.

11. capulona

capulona TS Member

God loves every one of us. It's people who make a mess of things.

Peace be with you, brother.

12. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Cap, you missed my point. America needs to stick with politicians who believe in the bible and U.S. law - not the Koran and Sharia law.

Just because the country was built by immigrants doesn't mean it can't be destroyed by them. Radical Islam is one of the greatest threats this country has ever faced. If we ignore the threat, we will pay dearly in the end. France and England are learning this very quickly. Muslims do not adapt to the norms of the countries they infiltrate. They hold that these countries should adapt to them. Period.

Google up and read about the 12th Imam. It's a very real foundation of the Muslim religion. Or, ignore it if you wish, your choice.

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Donald Trump wants to ban your semi-autos.

Frip that.

I don't care if Zero or Hitlery are opposing him, I will not vote for a RINO anti-gunner. And neither will other fed up gunowners.

The Republicants better pick someone better or suffer the consequences.

(Edited to eliminate cuss word. I hadn't realized I typed it.)

14. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

BAD 303-

How is Huckabee a RINO? Do you know anything about him, let me guess he pardoned a cop killer right? Have you read any of his books? Sounds like you are just spouting off at the mouth without any facts. Too BAD you are so poorly informed.

15. philk

philk Member

I just want to know how you got that past the mod`s. They sent me a nasty email when I tried. LOL.

16. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.