1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GOP planning major investigations

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

President Barack Obama and the Democrats will face a newly invigorated House Republican leadership this week with sweeping plans for congressional investigations into a wide range of issues.

Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., who will become chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee when the 112th Congress is sworn in Wednesday, told The Washington Post he plans to lead six major investigations in the first three months of the year. That will call for a grueling schedule, since congressional investigations often take months to bear fruit.

On Issa’s list:

• WikiLeaks' release of classified diplomatic cables
    • Recalls at the Food and Drug Administration
    • The role of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in the foreclosure crisis
    • The Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission's failure to identify the origins of the meltdown
    • Alleged corruption in Afghanistan

Issa is sure to make waves, because he’ll have subpoena power to compel officials to appear before his committee. Among the administration officials he’ll be questioning soon is national security adviser Tom Donilon. Issa specifically wants to know whether the administration has a strategy to stop the dissemination of sensitive information on sites such asWikiLeaks.

Read more: Issa, House GOP Preparing Major Investigations of Obama Administration

2. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Hey, borrow it frim China where we get all our money. (Sarcasm). Bulge.

3. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

Well, Pelosi ain't flying her 757 back to Cali anymore......there's a chunk of change right there.

4. rustygun

rustygun Member

God knows there are plenty of things that need looking into. That said, I hope they don't. Every time they have these investigations it becomes another waste of taxpayer money. They only end up hanging a few patsy's and never really clear up anything.

5. hrosik123

hrosik123 Member

I agree with rusty. Whats done is done. Save the money and focus on the here and now. Amarica doesn't need the "black eye" right now. Good luck Chuck Hrosik

6. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sure Chuck....let the criminals go scott free.

No price to be paid for your crimes.

Lets give all of them a fat bonus for screwing the taxpayers yet again like the Fannie and Freddie idiots. (Rains, Barney and his butt hole buddies)

PRISON TIME FOR ALL OF THEM, NO EXCEPTIONS.

7. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Unless they're democrooks that is... You know...forgive and forget. Turn the other cheek...look the other way. BS! Lock their asses up like they deserve! Then we can move on.

Jon Reitz

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Maybe if we dig up Stalin he can show us how to take care of the problem.

HM

9. GW22

GW22 Active Member

I'm going to save all of you a bunch of money. I conducted my own investigation which has been going on my entire adult life -- the reliable and accurate findings of which I offer for free:

THREE MAJOR FINDINGS REGARDING CONGRESS:

1) A significant portion of congress - likely more than half its members - are involved in malfeasance or explicit political corruption of one form or another. Most of them personally receive financial gain from these illicit activities, although the path through which these funds come is usually not direct enough to be proven as quid pro quo. In many cases the path is indirect enough that the Congress members themselves can rationalize that they are innocent of criminal activity. Aside from personal financial benefits, nearly all members of Congress use their powers, at one point or another, to unethically further their own political agenda and career goals rather than honestly carrying out the desires of their constituency. They are primarily interested in perpetuating their own government jobs. A slight majority of the criminals and unethical politicians in Congress are Democrats. Republicans are generally more sophisticated about hiding their crimes, and those voters who support Republicans are not particularly likely to hold them accountable. Citizens who vote Republican generally hold jobs and, after all, if you have worked hard enough to enjoy a degree of success, where else are you going to turn? Certainly not to the Democrat party, whose primary goal seems to be the removal of all connections in society between behaviors and consequences.

2) The people with the most power to do anything serious about Congressional misconduct - Congress - will choose not to because they themselves are involved in similar activities. The Congress thinks of themselves as being greatly superior to their constituency. Rules are flexible for them, they feel, because they have superior knowledge and privelege. In Congress, the notion of being a humble servant of the people is not only archaic, it is laughable.

3) The remainder of the people with power to do anything about government corruption and irresponsibility -- the U.S. Citizens -- also will choose to do nothing. This is the case primarily for two different reasons: 1) More than half the U.S. populace now consists of direct beneficairies of government wealth redistribution. In this case the word "beneficiary" means they are either directly on the public dole (i.e. receive a government check) or that they pay less than $2500 per year in federal income taxes; 2) An increasingly significant portion of American citizens are too dumbed-down, drugged-up, lazy and apathetic to do anything about anything. They lead a hand-to-mouth existence often consisting of reality television, watching sports, and an unhealthy reliance on mind-altering substances ranging from Xanax, Lexapro, Ativan and Prozac to alcohol, marijuana or crack cocaine. About one third of the people each of us talked to in the last 24 hours were on some sort of mind-altering drug. Congress knows the population is increasingly apathetic, dumb, drugged and financially dependent on government, which further exempts them from the responsibility to serve directly on the citizens' behalf. This is where the "nanny state" mentality comes from. The government has such little respect for it's people that it views them much as parents view their retarded children. Congress feels that, "I know what is best for you." And, accordingly, they act with arrogance and complete impunity.

These, my friends, I believe to be the facts about Congress. Many of these conclusions can be readily confirmed with minimal research. These reported findings are more accurate and honest than anything the Republicans are going to give you, plus they will not uselessly piss away tens of millions of taxpayer's dollars.

-Gary

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

GAry it's a sad fact, but you pretty much nailed it

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Yes it is literally sad, Catpower. When I think about what America is moving toward becoming, and how it will affect my children, I feel a deep sense of sadness.

-Gary

12. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Gary you are right but what does it take to get the hard working man and steady taxpayer pissed off enough to march on Washington and throw the bums out before they ruein the hole damn country. Bill

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

b12, that's a good question, but, if more and more of us keep asking that question hopefully it will evolve into something more. But probably not in our lifetime. I still beleive that there is a major civil uprising in the future of this Country. The politicians of now remind me of the part in Dr. Zhivago where the upper class were in the restaurant and the normal people were being rode down in the streets below. Bulge.

14. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Well Bill, I have come to learn that I don't know the answer to your question. At various times in the past, I THOUGHT I knew. Here are a few examples:

In the late 1970s when Jimmy Carter's nonexistant leadership skills and moral weakness nearly destroyed the country, I thought Americans were "pissed off enough to march on Washington and throw the bums out." Nope. We elected Reagan, but eight years later had forgotten the lesson.

In the early to mid-90s, after the politicians started openly selling out America and H. Ross Perot tried to warn everyobody about trade agreements that would devastate American jobs, I thought Americans were "pissed off enough to march on Washington and throw the bums out." Nope. What Perot predicted came to pass, and hardly anybody even credits him, much less does anything about it.

In 1992 when we learned that 450 members of Congress had been caught kiting checks, and that some of them wrote nearly 1000 bad checks and hadn't maintained a positive account balance in YEARS, I thought Americans were "pissed off enough to march on Washington and throw the bums out." Nope.

In 2001, after Muslims attacked our homeland and our government used it as an opportunity to carry out their own political agenda, I thought Americans were "pissed off enough to march on Washington and throw the bums out." Nope. We let them pass the "Patriot Act" which remains the biggest encroachment on personal liberty in the history of America. Ten years later, and we're letting Muslims build a giant Victory Monument a few hundred feet away from where they attacked us and killed thousands.

In September 2008, the money system of this country came within hours of total collapse. It was discovered that much of this was caused by the government's social engineering and their being in bed with banks and other financial firms who robbed all of us blind with derivatives, phony assets, and other thinly veiled flim-flam scams. In the mean time, the SEC allowed Bernie Madoff and others to steal tens of billions of dollars from innocent investors, even after they were warned repeatedly by a Wall Street expert that Madoff was running a pyramid scheme. I thought Americans were "pissed off enough to march on Washington and throw the bums out." Nope. Can you name a single government employee who lost their job over this?

In 2009-2010, Congress seized control of nearly 20% of the economy by passing Obamacare under cloak of darkness and without televised negotiations or the three days to review it we had been promised by the President. Not one single member of Congress read the bill before voting on it. At the same time they ran up our national debt to an alarming $14 Trillion -- nearly $50K of debt for every man, woman and child in the country. But good came of all this because we saw the Tea Party rise to power. Finally people were realizing that Democrats and Republicans are both to blame and I thought Americans were "pissed off enough to march on Washington and throw the bums out." Nope. We threw out the Democrats, and allowed the Republicans to basically start absorbing the Tea Party.

Sadly, Americans are just too apathetic, dumb, drugged, and financially dependent on government to be "pissed off enough to march on Washington and throw the bums out." It's going to take a real crisis before that can happen. And I'm not talking about a Girl Scout picnic like 9/11, the bursting of the housing bubble, or the TARP act. Unfortunately it's going to take something epic before we stop arguing about Democrat and Republican and realize that BOTH parties are destroying us from within.

-Gary

15. crusha

crusha TS Member

I see a lot of people who need to get a life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.