1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GOP debates last night....

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Luckyman, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

There is know question as to the caliber of people the Republicans are bringing to the table compared to the dumocrats based on the panel debates last night....Just treat this next election as if you were hiring someone for the most important job in the world and look at their resumes very carefully...No comparison....The Dems are in troube if they are hanging their hats on Hillary and Obama...This is who would get my vote...This guys knows what's up!!!

Congressman Duncan Hunter represents California's 52nd Congressional District consisting of eastern and northern San Diego County. He is a Vietnam veteran, who served in the 173rd Airborne and 75th Army Rangers. In 1973, Hunter attended Western State University Law School (now Thomas Jefferson School of Law) in San Diego on the G.I. Bill, while also working at farming and construction. Opening a law office in Barrio Logan San Diego, Hunter assisted many in the Hispanic community free of charge and without government compensation. In 1980, he was asked to run against Congressman Lionel Van Deerlin, an 18-year incumbent, where, in a 2-to-1 Democrat district, Hunter won the Congressional seat.

Hunter's first assignment in Congress was to the House Armed Services Committee, where he is presently Ranking Member. Hunter focuses his national security efforts on providing the President the resources he needs to win the nation's military conflicts, modernization initiatives that quickly move new and effective technologies into the field, making the Department of Defense more efficient by moving resources from redundant and unnecessary bureaucracy to warfighting capabilities, and strongly supporting our nation's military personnel and their families by ensuring that they are well-compensated and well-equipped with safe and effective weapons and equipment. Prior to his current position as Ranking Member, Hunter served as Chairman of the full committee from 2003-2007, responsible for a defense budget totaling more than $500 billion. Hunter also served as Chairman of the Military Research & Development Subcommittee from 2001-2002 and the Subcommittee on Military Procurement from 1995-2000, where he presided over $60 billion for the acquisition of military weapon systems and components.

Having a district located in the California-Mexico border region, Hunter has made border enforcement a major priority. In 1988, Hunter authored legislation making the military the lead agency in illegal drug interdiction and was successful in obtaining military units for building roads and fencing along the U.S. border with Mexico. Over 40 miles of fencing and border infrastructure have been constructed to date. Additionally, Hunter passed legislation in 1995 to authorize an additional 5,000 Border Patrol agents in response to the Clinton Administration's budget which attempted to cut agency resources. Hunter remains committed to sealing the U.S. border to illegal alien and drug trafficking, ensuring that the region remains safe for communities on both sides of the international boundary.

Hunter's other legislative priorities include fulfilling promises to our nation's veterans, providing tax relief to America's working families, and continuing cleanup efforts at the New River and Salton Sea in Imperial County, which he previously represented for 20 years.

Congressman Hunter and his wife, Lynne, live in Alpine, California. They have two sons, Duncan Duane and Sam, and four grandchildren.

2. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

I agree....It still gave me a good idea as to the quality of people we are dealing with from the Republican party...Lets say that I feel alot better about this up coming election than a did last week....

3. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

What are you guys smoking? Turn off Fox TV once in a while. The next presidential election is the Democrat's to loose. W has seen to it.

Our country is properly tired of the war, and an anti-choice, corrupt, anti-science administration. Conservatives have spent $400,000,000 off budget for participation in a religious war no American can win. Whatever "win" means. BTW, has a religious war ever ended? Thousands dead and tens of thousands wounded. For what?

We do not need prayer in our schools as much as we need our money for our schools in this country. Sorry W, they will teach evolution.

We need our superb military to fight in combat, not act as mediation policemen. Or targets for IEDs. It gets worse because...

Red China will be the final winner in this war after conservatives have spent ourselves into bankruptcy, made more international enemies, gutted our military spirit and let our own infrastructure rot. China will be the ultimate beneficiary of "staying the course" and "surge" nonsense. China will be the big dog on the block.

Most Americans (and trap shooters) know you change a losing strategy. There will be a change.

4. chessney

chessney TS Member

I'm not too savy on this stuff but it don't take a brain surgen to see these guys are all full of sh#t..Every time they were asked a question they danced around the question with no diect answer..Looks like a Dem. for the next Pres..Ziggy

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Charles,

Please don't call those you critise "conservatives". They are far from that. Call them for what they are...Republicans. I'm an independant conservative, and they in no way represent me or most "conservatives"!!

Doug

6. perga1

perga1 Active Member

CharlesR1100, MORE MONEY FOR PUBLIC SCHOOLS? Don't we waste enough money there now? Spending on public Ed is way up since Bush took office and results are marginal at best. Oh yes, you're a liberal Dem and throwing money at public ed is part of the dumming down of America and creating dependence on the government which is the Democrat Party mantra. Blah, Blah, Blah> JRM

7. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Perga 1...yes, more of our money for our students in our schools (public and private), and less money wasted in IRAQ. Sounds good to me.

I do believe there is some (Republican) dumbing down when promising research in stem cells is discouraged...and the science of evolution is rejected.

There will be changes.

8. perga1

perga1 Active Member

CharlesR1100, you've been reading too many left wing websites and listening/viewing too many major radio stations and TV networks. I have never heard anyone in the current administration discourage stem cell research. I have heard and agree that embryonic stem cell research should NOT be funded by the GOVERNMENT especially since there is growing evidence that other forms of stem cell researh is actually more promising than embryonic stem cell findings. Too many, like you, hear and believe what is promoted by the main stream media. JRM

9. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

CharlieR, I wouldn't be so quick make such assumptions. I don't think the majority of sensible American people will be so quick to forgive these democrats for being so quick to accept defeat. What Reid said was criminal in my opinion. And all of them want to cut and run, so they can go spend all that money on entitlement programs in hopes of shoring up future votes. They have no clue as to the ramifications that may result if we just leave tomorrow. And I think you're wrong, China will not be the beneficiary, islam will. But one thing's for certain, we'll be the losers!

The next election will be like the last couple where the resulting US map of red and blue counties are only blue around the decadent big cities. Either Obama, Edwards, Hillary, clueless bunch of morons that they are, will still win big cities all over the country. BUT, it's possible that Fred Thompson could change all of that and win in a landslide victory. That is if he decides to run. cls

10. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

This was it ,this was all the Repubs have to offer ,these guys were brain dead , bad answers and some of the finest flip flopping since Kerry. The Republican party is exactly what most thought , a joke.

11. smartass

smartass TS Member

and sammy (tgun90) is quite a prize too..... !!!

12. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Tomk2,

You forgot to throw in the ethonal BS also. Subsidizing from the gov't is artificially raising the price of corn, and putting more money in the pocket of ADM. If ethenol is such a hot commodity, it should fly on it's own.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.