1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Google your email address...weird

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by jack1122, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack1122

jack1122 TS Member

Google your sign on name and it will do the same thing.

Jack

2. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

One of the reasons the younger crowd should watch what they post on the internet, as potential employers are doing internet searches to screen job applicants.

A reason not to use your real name and maybe to also use a throw away email address.

3. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Another way to look at that is to not email offense materials. I wonder if a person can googgle anothers name and get copy of their emails. That would be a vast invasion of privacy. I find it hard to believe what we put on this forem is on google. But it's there. I hope the private emails I send to family and friends remains private. Dan

4. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Guys:

When you use Google or other search engines they are simply returning sites where your inquiry shows up. They are not searching emails. If you type your email address anywhere that ends up posted on a web page, the search will return that web page, including anything else you wrote there. Nothing weird or mysterious about it. Yes, you should be careful about what you post on the internet, especially when you don't really understand how these things work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.