1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Google StreetView- Pretty creepy!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Went to get a google map just now, and for the first time I see a little camera image next to the text so I figure i'll click on it and see what it is, and turns out it is a picture of my house taken from someone driving down the road. Talk about creeping me out, would be perfect recon for a crook! Check it out for yourself, just enter your home address and see what comes up (I had to fudge my address to get the best view of my house).

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

What, as opposed to the crook driving down your street?

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

would be alot less work for someone to find the pic on the net, figure out how many cars should be in the driveway, ect, especially if one wanted to do a long distance job,,IDK, maybe i'm just paranoid LOL The pic of my house is only about 4 months old.

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

They had to obscure the license plates on ten gazillion pictures.

5. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

In my county, you can research real estate values online. My listing includes a street-level photo of my house.

It's public information.

Danny

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Danny,
    What did you think of Drake Landing?

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

You're right Ian....this really creeped me out and even gave me the willies. I typed in my address and it popped right up. Someone must have been lurking around last winter with a digital when I wasn't looking.

Tron

8. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

ARIES = Auditors Realestate Information System. Go to your local county website and click on the Auditor and then ARIES Do the search and find your property or anybody elses and find out how much they paid, their taxes, photos , floor plan layout, year built etc. All public info you used to have to go to the court house to get. I use it from time to time and not to snoop but when I see a property listed for sale and I might be interested in it history. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.