1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GOOEY PADS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PLUS, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLUS

PLUS Member

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO SELLS GOOEY PADS

2. PLUS

PLUS Member

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHO SELLS GOOEY PADS

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I do, what do you need? I have a minimum order of 2 unless I'm fitting the pad.

4. Shawn

Shawn Member

These guys make and sell the product.

Shawn

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Denny. I'll buy one too.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

www.thestockshop.com. Tom Larkin, a traveling Minnesota smithy. Excellent stock work too.

7. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Trapdude is the way to go, they will sell one at the time if that is all you want.

8. BigJohn270

BigJohn270 Member

Do you like the Gooey pads better than the Kick Ezz pads? I have seen the Gooey's for several years but have always used Kick Ezz pads. How do they compair?

Thanks

9. Claymuncher

Claymuncher Member

BigJohn270 : No camparison, they might not last as long but as far as comfort and felt recoil the Gooey pad beats them by a long shot. I use the one with the red insert that was made for Leo which does not catch on your shirt.

Trapdude is the place to buy them.

CM

10. WIN12 MAN

WIN12 MAN TS Member

Trap Dude's ph. number > 707-399-8007

11. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I have some for sale.

Whiz

12. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Just my opinion, the Gooey pad may be a bit softer than a KickEEZ but the KickEEZ will outlast the Gooey by a longshot. I would consider 2 years out of a Gooey to be pretty good and while I don't mind paying for a new pad the cost and inconvenience of the labor to install it gets to me.

13. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Just came from the Wisconsin State Shoot. Tom Larkin is there, and the trapdude pads where on the table. Very soft pads. I imagine they would gum up the sanding belts pretty quick.

14. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

You can buy a pad from Trap Dude but you have to have it fitted and sanding it is complex. I have bought two from Skeet man.

blade819

15. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

They aren't horrible to fit, but you have to take your time and not grind on one part of the pad for too long (I take maybe 30% more time when I'm grinding a gooey). I do one side of the pad for 10-15 seconds, then flip it over and do the other side, and alternate back and forth until its ground down. You CAN'T grind one side completely then grind the other side completely, you'll destroy the pad. I also use 3 belts on my sander when I fit them, a coarse grit for 90% of the mat'l removal, a medium grit for 9% removal, and a fine grit for 1% removal and polishing. They also don't take quite as nice of a polish as you can get from a kickeez.

I've frozen them before, and used ice water to fit to keep the pad cold, but lately I've just been grinding them @ room temp.

BTW, the reason I have a min order of 2 is that I order all pads on an as-needed basis, I don't inventory any of them (I don't move enough to justify tying a large amt of money up in them). I make very little on the pads themselves (If I were to sell them one at a time, I'd be loosing # if I factor in my time), I make money on the service of fitting the pad.

16. chipdaddy

chipdaddy Member

Freeze and grind, no problem. Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gooey pad cost