1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Weekend

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Husky44, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Been shooting trap for less than four months and finally won my first tournament events. Finished first in two events on Sunday.
    Won the singles shoot off (25 to 24) and had top overall for handicap (98).
    Ran my first 75 straight in singles also. Got punched for a yard, over-all a very good weekend.

Domenic

husky44_2008_2907.jpg

2. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

congrats! bigger and better is yet to come. Pretty soon you'll be up against the ATA amatuer PRO's on the 27. Good job guy-keep up the good work

3. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

I don’t know what the future will bring in this game yet, just got hooked on shooting trap this year. I’ve been a hunter for over 40 years, shot thousands of rounds in the field and blind.
    In late may of this year a friend convinced me to join him at the local club for a round of trap and the rest is history. Since then I have a new trap gun and burn a flat of shells a week.
    Only problem with the new hobby is sneaking the gun out of the house past my dog. Anyway have a month to relax before my next shoot.

Domenic

4. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Thank goodness for good friends who shoot trap, huh? Congratulations on your incredible accomplishments. Stick with it, you are probably headed for the big time.

5. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

The friend has been trying for years to get me to join him shooting. I started reading threads on this forum several years ago trying to understand the different events. I’ve learned so much from reading all the tips here that I was fully prepared to have a successful first outing.
    This forum is such a great resource for new comers like me. I even used 7 ½ ‘s in the handicap events!
    Also making friends at the club with many veterans of the game, the knowledge and their willingness to help me learn how to improve my shooting.
    I’ve met so many great people in the trapshooting community and really enjoy the time spent at the range with my new friends.
    The only goal I had this year was to shoot a 25 straight, now that has changed to 100 straight. Anyway thank you for the comments and look forward to the rest of the season.

Domenic

6. TC

TC TS Member

Congratulations Domenic, good luck in the future. Tony

7. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Domenic,,Your goal should be to break "ONE TARGET",,,then one more,,,one more,,,ect,,,that is a good way to a good string. You can only break one at a time.
    Norman

8. Kyle Spieles

Kyle Spieles Member

Congrats on the big accomplishment!!

9. 4xFergi

4xFergi Member

Domenic: Congradulations on your wins. With scores like those you will have many more to come, but you always remember your first! Great shooting.

10. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

You’re absolutely correct Norman, one target at a time. I’m really trying to focus on each target now verses the final score. Sometimes I’m successful, more often not.
    Taking the model 12 out tomorrow (bought from a fellow ts.com member a month ago), enjoy the evening shooting with a buddy for fun.

Domenic

11. OGC Director

OGC Director TS Member

Nice shooting and nice buckles. I remember winning my first one years ago. Buckles are one of my favorite trophies.

Rich (can't have to many buckles) in Indiana

12. Husky44

Husky44 Active Member

Thanks; yes these are very special to me at this stage of shooting. I still can’t believe I won two events having just started shooting trap on May 18th of this year. I guess it proves that “D” shooter can have a great day once in a while.

Domenic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.