1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good stuff for Big Shoots

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jbmi, May 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I shoot thousands of my reloads for practice and local shoots. I get good results, good scores and even have shot a 100 registered straight using my stuff. When a big shoot comes up like the Southern Grand, Great Lakes Grand and Grand, for some reason my reloads aren't good enough and I dig into my stash and haul out the STS's and AA's. I can't say I shoot any better or that my scores improve, but I just have a more comfortable feeling shooting nothing but quality new stuff. Anybody else dump their reloads for the big shoots?

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

It's all in your mind. If you didn't know you were shooting your reloads, you wouldn't know.

Eric

3. philk

philk Member

Reloads for 16yd and doubles but always used to buy new stuff for 27 yd handicap. Figured I can always use the hulls for reloads and it would be hard to improve on the factory stuff.

4. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

changing from reloads to factory shells will cause problems reloads shoot different than factory and vise versa you should shoot the same shells for practice and reg. shoots. just shoot federals you will win

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

I shoot a lot of factory loads (Win. AA), discount factory shell and reloads. I use the premium factory loads for larger shoots. They do not make much or any difference in how I score, but I have to shoot them somewhere.

Pat Ireland

6. 682LINY

682LINY Member

last time I used factory,,,they moved me back 1 1/2 yards,,,,with a 2 yr lock,,I ll stick with my reloads,,,,LOL

7. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Shoot relaads at the 27 and 16. Except big shoots, then I shoot Super handicap AA 7.5's at the 27. 16 still gets my reloads. Works for me......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.