1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Squad=More Fun and Higher Scores

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ride Easy, Dec 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ride Easy

Ride Easy TS Member

For several years I shot on whatever squad was available, i.e. short squads, fill in, etc. Then, one day I shot on a squad where everything ran smoothly. The five of us had a good rhythm; we all shot pretty well and, when possible, continued to shoot together the rest of that season and for many years to come. Individually, our scores were nearly always higher when we shot as a squad.

Over the years, age and physical limitations have broken up our squad but not our memories. I still think (often) about how smoothly it ran. We never had to wait for a member to show up; never had to sort out the different calls when shooting, we recognized them and who was shooting at the time. No member of our squad ever chewed out a puller or was rude to anyone. It seemed the squad had one personality and quoting Big Bore (Mike) it was "All Good."

If you haven't formed a squad like this, you're missing out on a lot of enjoyment. Good Luck.

Ride Easy

2. Texas Ton

Texas Ton TS Member

I had the same privelege of shooting with a great bunch for several years, there was no second guessing, no worries about safety situations, we were the toughest judges for each other that anyone ever had and liked it that way. No questions asked, and never an argument.

Due to illness or accidents, they started dropping off one by one and hasn't been the same since. Made some new friends that I shoot well with, but won't be like that magic squad we had at one time.

One thing about it, even hundreds of miles away for some of them, we are still the best of friends and will answer a call in need like we lived next door, just takes a little more time to get there.

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Zardozforty- I like you have changed my priorities for the Dixie Grand to the same ones you have selected. However, around the third or fourth day of a shoot, I discover I have often rearranged my priorities list. I will be at the Greek restaurants in Tarpon Springs on January 10. My squad will have three current or former All Americans and I am not one of them.

Pat Ireland

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

Jerry- I like fast squads where a cloud of dust is always hanging in the air.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.